Tiny Rebel, Cwtch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled yesterday, with the FG at 1.010. It was the worst bottling day I've had up to now. The FV was given to my by a colleague, rather than my own. It has a tap at the bottom like mine and I've got a bottle wand so I thought it would be easy. Wrong. The tap was too big for the wand so I had to use a plastic tube which wasn't fit for purpose as beer would stay in the tube after I took the bottle away and then would spill out onto the floor.

Also, where the tap connects to the fv started leaking for some reason, so beer was dripping down too. It was a mess on my kitchen floor.

Sounds a nightmare !

Im putting this in my pressure barrel.

The bubbler isn't kicking off much but there is a tidy head of krausen on it.

So I dry hopped this on Thursday - looking to keg it Saturday. Was thinking maybe Muscovado instead of standard brewing sugar - will I need more as I dont think all of it ferments does it ?

Hmm, Krausen doesn't seem to have dropped yet, maybe the warm weather isn't helping ? Its still only 22C mind.

So, last night I moved it from the house to the shed.

In the process, I managed to accidentally open one of the bottles (swing cap) so I thought I'd try a little from the top, before closing it.

It tasted excellent and from what I remember, spot on to how the bottle of Cwtch I had at Christmas.

It smelled lovely as I transferred it to the pressure barrel, keeping it warm for a few weeks then cold for a bit and will let you know on the result.

Temptation got the better of me.

it's absolutely superb. What a fantastic beer kit this has turned out to be. It tastes just as Cwtch does.

20160615_204823.jpg

That's the news I was waiting to hear - I love cwtch and was really hoping the kit turns out like it in real life. I'll hunt this down!

Temptation got the better of me.

it's absolutely superb. What a fantastic beer kit this has turned out to be. It tastes just as Cwtch does.

Dai iawn !

I think my barrel has a slight leak but its in a plastic tub so will have a look tonight - probably just needs the cap unscrewing a little.

Dai iawn !

I think my barrel has a slight leak but its in a plastic tub so will have a look tonight - probably just needs the cap unscrewing a little.

I just had to google what "Dai iawn" means.

Hopefully yours will be okay and tastes as good as mine.

Tried a bottle of mine last night. Only had 3 weeks in the bottle. Tasted brilliant. Think it might be the best kit I have done so far.

So much so, that I am heading to the shop today to buy another kit

After a day of kitchen shopping with the wife and my first Saturday off this year, I kindly made it clear that we'd be stopping at Colchester home brew on the way back and I was rewarded with a cwtch tiny rebel kit for my suffering! Going to get it on the go tomorrow, the sample I was given on the shop was lovely so fingers crossed.

Mine is cracking but my pressure barrel is twp and leaking pressure so its rather flat :-(

I think the pin is cracked so hopefully a new cap will sort it

Got this started a couple of evenings ago, what a great kit, nice instruction booklet, 2 packs of yeast, nearly 100g of hops and I loved the beer mat, nice touch! Sat at 19â—‹ in the beer fridge now, I reckon I'll add the second batch of hops tomorrow and let it crack on whilst I'm away next week.

Got this started a couple of evenings ago, what a great kit, nice instruction booklet, 2 packs of yeast, nearly 100g of hops and I loved the beer mat, nice touch! Sat at 19â—‹ in the beer fridge now, I reckon I'll add the second batch of hops tomorrow and let it crack on whilst I'm away next week.

I never got a beer mat in mine [emoji20]

Im fermenting this kit right now. I am a little concerned about adding half the hops at the start because Co2 will kill the flavour so i will add the hops to the barrel when its ready the same as i do with the AIPA.

The AIPA kit says the hops will naturally disperse.

I've just added the 2nd lot of hops and it tastes great, seems to be a lot stronger than the kit should be, 6.3% vol I've got after 1 week

Latest posts

Back