Brewnight: Strawberry and Lime Turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question as never batch primed - when I siphon off into new bucket first do you put the syrup in and siphon on top of it or add afterward and stir ... or is it all relative lol ! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I start to siphon it in, then put the syrup in shortly after with a small funnel, then swirl it around while it's filling up 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

57321ce1af33b727e42a901fb6ac6194.jpg

Got round to bottling this one.
Batch primed with syrup.
Used cider yeast with sweetener this time.
What a difference !
Tastes awesome ! Can't wait for the fizz to kick in.

Yeh I was blown away by the yeast with sweetener too mate !

I found some of the same one I made in July, if you can keep a few back you'll notice the difference a few months makes (although they are pretty damp good as soon as they're carbed haha 😀

I'm working on that one matey - I've parked two of the Elderflower ones I made with a view to trying Xmas.

Willpower.....

Roddy - tempted to do this as my first TC. Is this still your favourite ?
I have 11L better bottles so will be halving your recipe.
I see some people don't recommend any water and some use a lot. Any recommendations there?

Cheers :-)

Roddy - tempted to do this as my first TC. Is this still your favourite ?
I have 11L better bottles so will be halving your recipe.
I see some people don't recommend any water and some use a lot. Any recommendations there?

Cheers :-)
Yes mate, easily my favourite this one still...

I've made a mixture of TC's with all apple and half apple/water etc... but the proportions of this one are spot on for me. Plenty Appley but not blow your head off strong 😀

The cider yeast with sweetener is key though, have you got some of that ?

Yep - on your advice I took delivery of some yesterday.
It was actually proportionately quite expensive for me to get, so I want to get it right first time :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Just had a taste of that Lowicz Strawberry WoW it's great :-) Only did 5 L so just in time for the +Lime TC !

Popped my 11 L of this into the fridge. Of course as I always make a mistake this time i put in 80% of the 10g yeast-with-sweetener-for-22L sachet as wanted to make sure I had enough yeast. However this means I possibly overdid the sweetener. Anyway - looking forward to seeing how this goes. Though not listed in the recipe I added in a TSP of nutrient also.

5 days in - Sg is now about 1200 and it tastes really pleasant.

Might consider this sort of ratio for a WoW as the one I did recently (1 strawberry lowicz for 1 gallon wine) was way too sweet.

Can you put lime into Wine ?

to 25L with cold tap water, temp about 22 degrees (perfect).

SG of 1.038, so estimating an abv of about 5.8% (when taking into account priming sugar - 340g/400ml of Strawberry syrup with an 85g per 100ml sugar content)

Roddy - how many grams of sugar per litre do you prime with. looks like 13g ?

Also if using actual sugar and batching do you dissolve it in water or perhaps use a degasser to dissolve it ?

Cheers

Yeh 13g per litre is about right

If I'm not priming with syrup I tend to dissolve the sugar in as little hot water as I can manage, wait for it to cool, then batch prime 😀

Back