Brew fridge - finished and working

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madonion

Reaction score
Over the weekend I put my completed brew fridge into my shed and set the temperature and put my fermenting bucket in. It tooka couple of hour to reach the correct temperature but has been holding the the temperature very very well with neither the heat of refridgeration elements hardly switching on!
Very impressed with the performance - I should have made one ages ago!

fridge.jpg

Yes, like I said mate I should have made one long ago! Can fit a pressure barrel in it too so a bonus for chilling my brews too.

Great stuff! Looks spot on. Is the STC1000 in an old VHS unit?

I'm still scouring gumtree and freecycle for a fridge. Let me know if you see one in York!

Great stuff! Looks spot on. Is the STC1000 in an old VHS unit?

I'm still scouring gumtree and freecycle for a fridge. Let me know if you see one in York!

Sourced my fridge from freecycle - I'll keep an eye out. There is an undercounter freezer listed in freecycle today.

The stc1000 is in an old cd player hifi seperate. Toyed with buying/making a dedicated box but its in my shed so looking pretty isn't that important. Just working is lol

Sourced my fridge from freecycle - I'll keep an eye out. There is an undercounter freezer listed in freecycle today.

The stc1000 is in an old cd player hifi seperate. Toyed with buying/making a dedicated box but its in my shed so looking pretty isn't that important. Just working is lol

Spotted that freezer this morning but thought it might have pipework at each shelf level so left it. My STC looks like an 80s robot :lol:

IMG_20170319_112431_388.jpg

Back