Kolsch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
Did the James Morton Kolsch today with 100% pilsner,Hallertau Mittelfruh hops and CMl Kolsch Yeast.

Apart from dropping my Grain bag into the bucket when sparging and sploshing a little over the floor went really well.

OG at 1050 so bang on for recipe.

20l of Amber loveliness bunged in the brew fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kolsch yeast is lovely. Brewed a Kolsch with Hallertau Blanc which turned out great.

I'm planning trying my tried and tested Kolsch recipe out using the CML Kolsch yeast next weekend.

I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks so I'm planning on chucking it in my brew fridge and let it cold ferment at 14oC and then keg it when I get back.

Interested to see how it turns out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm planning trying my tried and tested Kolsch recipe out using the CML Kolsch yeast next weekend.

I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks so I'm planning on chucking it in my brew fridge and let it cold ferment at 14oC and then keg it when I get back.

I brewed one at 15c which came out really well using 2 packs of yeast. I did do a diacetel rest but not sure if thats necessary.
I reckon this would ferment at lower temps easy enough if you used enough yeast.

Interested to see your tried and tested recipe [emoji106]

Bottled this up on Sunday with 120g of sugar syrup.
Sitting in the brew fridge for a week now at 21c.

Interested to see your tried and tested recipe [emoji106]

Sorry dude missed this one. So off the top of my head, from my chair beside the pool on my holibobs in Spain it is [emoji6]

3.2kg pilsener malt
0.15 carahell
0.47 carapils
0.17 caramalt

Bitter - saaz (IBU 23)

Wa-iti and hallertau blanc for aroma.

Historically used wyeast Kolsch yeast fermented at 15oC

I have this actual recipe fermenting back in Blighty with the CML yeast so I'm fascinated to see how it comes out.

Bottle swap anyone?

Did the James Morton Kolsch today with 100% pilsner,Hallertau Mittelfruh hops and CMl Kolsch Yeast.

Apart from dropping my Grain bag into the bucket when sparging and sploshing a little over the floor went really well.

OG at 1050 so bang on for recipe.

20l of Amber loveliness bunged in the brew fridge.

Going to throw another Kolsch on tomorrow but this time 25l

5600g of Pilsner
100g Crystal

Hallertau Mittelfruh Hops

Latest posts

Back