Blushing blonde

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Just knocked up a 5 litre batch of' blushing blonde',although as yet she aint blushing:grin:

Going to add 125 grams of defrosted blackberries for 5/6 days at day 5. If it turns out any good i will stick the recipie up,if not, i won't bother,simple:)
Been brewed with Bramling X and late additions of Pacific Gem which i am hoping will enhance the berry flavour:whistle:

She's blushing now,or will be:lol:. Just dry hopped with some more Pacific Gem and stuck the blackberries in,already down to almost correct OG,blimey that CML US Pale yeast sure works fast:thumb:.
Aroma from the FV was really nice,fruity but malty too.Will give it another 5/6 days,rack and then bottle in another 5 or so.

Mmmmmmmmmmm
just tested this and it aint blushing:twisted:.Should have crushed the berries:doh:
Just poured some hot water onto some frozen berries,crushed em and strained the juice and added to the FV.Just hope i have not c###ed it up :pray::lol:

Damn, just tested and it's ok to bottle,however still no colour from the fruit:twisted:
Tasted a tad sharp,but knowing how it changes once bottled up i will reserve judgement.
Oh well it's beer:mrgreen:

Damn, just tested and it's ok to bottle,however still no colour from the fruit:twisted:
Tasted a tad sharp,but knowing how it changes once bottled up i will reserve judgement.
Oh well it's beer:mrgreen:
Done it twice this year albeit with just a kit,first time I used 300 gramof raspberries second time with mango,didn't care for the mango but the raspberry one certainly blushed and was very nice at 7.5% after a few months, I think 125 gram of blackberries is a tad light myself

Done it twice this year albeit with just a kit,first time I used 300 gramof raspberries second time with mango,didn't care for the mango but the raspberry one certainly blushed and was very nice at 7.5% after a few months, I think 125 gram of blackberries is a tad light myself
Mmmmmmmm
have done a raspberry wheat which was really red :thumb: a mango ipa :thumb:but yes probably to little fruit :doh:. never mind,it's beer:lol:

Ooooh, sounds nice! Please pm me the recipe!

We will be back foraging on the mainland soon. Looking for a good scavenger harvest of blackberries and rowan berries (makes an awesome chilli jelly) Already harvested our cauliflowers and Pol has pickled them with cider vinegar, punchpooran, fresh ginger, onions, turmeric and mustard seeds,,, Bosh! :twisted:

Ooooh, sounds nice! Please pm me the recipe!

We will be back foraging on the mainland soon. Looking for a good scavenger harvest of blackberries and rowan berries (makes an awesome chilli jelly) Already harvested our cauliflowers and Pol has pickled them with cider vinegar, punchpooran, fresh ginger, onions, turmeric and mustard seeds,,, Bosh! :twisted:
I have pm'd you.
If it comes out a decent drink i will post up the recipie,will wait and see:)

Back