Fullers Past Master “1910 double stout”

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBowie

Regular.
Reaction score
This was one of the last beverages I drank with my old man before he passed away last September. I bought a few of them and put them with my ‘vintage’ beer collection. I had one tonight and I don’t know if it’s the nostalgia or the fact I bought it and left it for a year but it is the nicest pint I have had in a very long time.

Would me buying it from Fullers and then leaving it for a year make any difference?

Beers will change over time in the bottle. Some will change for the worse, but stronger beers can age really well. I was lucky enough to share a bottle of Fullers Vintage Ale from 1998 last year, possibly the best beer I've ever had. We had it side by side with a 2016 bottle, the difference was huge. I was eyeing up the 1910 stout, might have to pick some of those up if It's a winner

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Good to hear :thumb:
I had a pint of cask Fullers Olivers Island last weekend and it was definitely one of the poorest beers I have had for a while. I am not sure what the head brewer was trying to achieve.

To follow on from this my brother and I shared my bottle that I had stored of the Fullers 2010 Vintage ale. I’ve bought 2 of every year since then and thought finally selling our childhood home was worth a drink. It was an amazing drink, flavours I have never tasted from a beer before. The 2017 has just been released (in the last week).

Back