zub says hi

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi to you all,
just thought I'd join the forum to pick up some advise and ask MANY questions for sure, that sounds quite selfish really, sorry. In fact I'm so new to home brewing that my hb cider still has another few days before its fermented. Please wish me luck.

Thanks
zub

Good luck with your first brew, and welcome to the forum :cheers:

There's a good forum search facility, towards the right hand side just under the main banner, but if you can't find what you need never hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the Forum Zub!
Just remember two things and you'll be ok.
Patience and don't panic.
Any problems, we're all here to help.

31bb3 said:
Welcome to the forum Zub ask away no question too daft :thumb:

Thanks 31bb3, here's the first one. Do you think I have done a really bad thing by asking my alcoholic mate for his empty bottles. I text him tonight asking to keep his empty somerset 500ml cider bottles for me. He text me back saying your lucky as it's recycling day tomorrow. He text me back ten minutes later saying he'd been out retrieving his bottles and has 38 in tact as the other 20-30 or so are broken. To be honest I feel a bit like a cnut for asking him.

zub

31bb3 said:
nothing wrong with recycling as long as you dont supply your friend with full bottles

He did ask me that question and I said he could have 2 x 500ml bottles at the weekend and no more. Fair play to him though he does work as well though all be it from home and its a well paid job too, maybe too much really.

zub said:
He text me back ten minutes later saying he'd been out retrieving his bottles and has 38 in tact as the other 20-30 or so are broken.
If it was bottles of wine I could understand your concern! We're only talking about 4.25 bottles a day :whistle:

Back