Idea: Tropical Christmas Pale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrannBrew

Damo Brann
Reaction score
I've had abit of a break from brewing (only a few months mind) as I'm in the process of moving to a house rather than a flat and have everything in boxes - move is friday though. Planning on doing a brew in the 1st few weeks ready for xmas.

Ive been wanting to try Cashmere and Comet hops for couple of years.

knocking up quick recipe - aiming for a batch of 22l

3kg - pale 2 row/marris otter
0.7Kg Munich Light
0.7kg Victory

14g Comet and cashmere - 60 min
10g both @ 15 min
15g both @ 0 - standing for 30min
5g both DH for 3 days

us/05 yeast

Going by the descriptors of the hops they seem that they could pair well.

what do people think? has anyone tried these hops before?

Sounds fine, only thing I'd change is the name because has neither Christmas or tropical flavours.

Sounds fine, only thing I'd change is the name because has neither Christmas or tropical flavours.

I was just trying to give it a christmasy name, with using comet and cashmere hops had in mind to do a label with a reindeer wearing a xmas jumper. Aiming for an alternative more sessionable christmas beer. Original idea for the name was Comet's Cashmere but I thought it was abit unoriginal.

Will it be ready for Xmas?

If I brewed on 6th with 10 days in the fermenter, then give it another week in force carbing in the keg.....it would be very green i expect. Probably better to bank the recipe for next year or just do the recipe at some point to try the hops out.
I'll plan a brew so I can drink early Jan

Back