First BIAB AG, hop schedule suggestions please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodor

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm planning to brew my first AG batch this weekend (I pick up my custom made bag on saturday morning).

I was originally planning to do a SMASH with East Kent Goldings (100g) and Marris Otter (5kg) but at the last minute ordered 1Kg of Caramalt on a whim (and only 4Kg of Marris Otter) for a 23L brew length.

I have been playing around with BIABacus and I'm fairly confident with my volumes and mash temperature.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what times and how much to add my hops during a 90 minute boil? I'm aiming for a nice session beer.

Thanks,

Mark.

If I had 100g of EKG or other such traditional English hops, I'd be tempted to keep it simple but spread the hops over the boil time. So 20g in early, or at least give them a 60 minute boil. Then 20g at 20 mins left, 20 at 10 mins and 20g at flameout when it's cooled to 90C or less. The remaining 20g I would add directly to the FV as a dry hop when the activity has calmed down after, say, 7 days. Ferment for at least 14 days. Leaving it somewhere cooler if it has definitely finished. Bottle/keg and wait.....................................................feels like forever:sad:but it's worth the wait:drink:

Latest posts

Back