Woodfordes Wherry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnorfolk

Landlord.
Reaction score
Says on the tin 4-6 days mines been there 8 days reading at 1.012 can i bottle it?

Assuming the SG is stable which, at 1.012 is likely, you can. However, you might be better off leaving it alone for another few days for best results.

Just kegged my Wherry today its been fermenting for 9 days, checked the SG prior and it was 1008°, however there was still the odd bubble coming through the airlock, about 1 a minute. The brew was clear and taste was alright, hopefully 3 weeks and it will be as good as the reviews say. Fingers crossed:pray::pray:

I checked mine at 1.012 for 3 days then bottled with half teaspoon of sugar per bottle and already there is sediment at the bottom of the bottles is this normal

Doesn't sound unusual. There'll be varying amounts of sediment deposited depending on how clear it was when bottling. The longer you leave it before bottling the clearer it'll be. If you can chill it in a fridge or on a cold garage floor mores the better.

I can leave it my shed (thats the only place for it actually). How long i need to keep it indoors before putting it in shed though

I was referring to chilling prior to bottling. It helps the beer to clear meaning less sediment in the bottle. I leave mine in the warm for two weeks after bottling.

Latest posts

Back