Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Beer Kits & Brewing Equipment Reviews. > Bulldog Four finger Jack American Pale ale.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 15-02-2017, 06:46 PM   #111
Joski

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Good thing, actually i looked at the coopers drop bag and it said it has 2.5gr of sugar intaste each tablet of 3 gr .. and thats dextrose not glucose or granulated sugar of course .. so i also think the 110 gr will be enough when using 100% pure priming sugar .. srry i tried to blow up your home
oo7tk Likes This 
Old 06-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #112
Joski

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Started this one on 10th of february.. added 250 gr light dry malt, 500 gr brewing sugar. I also used the yeast that came with the kit bud did boil the hops for 60 min. (Bittering @ +- 80 ibu) . Dry hopped today with 27gr cascade and 25 gr amarillo. Keep you updated!

Old 06-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #113
Aphid

Liked 55 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphid View Post
I bottled my Four Finger Jack about a month ago. Not sure how I arrived at the amount of priming sugar (probably something in the instructions?) but this is from my notes:

"About 2.5g sugar per 500ml bottle
For 22 litres (44 bottles) works out at 110g".

At that time I didn't know about the priming sugar calculator but clearly your plans for just over 100g seems fine.
Just cracked open my first bottle of my Four Finger Jack - started fermenting on 1st Jan. Wonderful! Really pleased how well it has turned out. Lovely colour and taste. Nice gentle bubbling up the glass. It's a winner in my book.
Joski Likes This 
Old 07-03-2017, 06:28 PM   #114
Joski

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Great to hear that! Hopefully mine turns out to be that good!! Cheers!

Old 28-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #115
E_walk

I've currently got this fermenting. It's the fourth kit I've done (after Wherry, Evil Dog and Brewferm Gallia) and the notable thing about it so far is that after 3 weeks it still appears to be active! It will be interesting to see how low the gravity reading has gone when I get round to bottling.

Old 29-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #116
Pavros

Liked 82 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 78

I've had one in the fv for 15 days now and just dry hopped today. I used MJ M44 US West Coast yeast and it's gone from 1.050 to 1.004.

I was worried as I don't have any temp control and it was very hot and humid last week. I always put my fv in a builders trug in case of overflows, so I filled that with cold water and replaced every couple of days. It tastes OK from the sample jar so looks like it helped keep it cool.

Old 29-05-2017, 08:45 PM   #117
Aphid

Liked 55 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_walk View Post
I've currently got this fermenting. It's the fourth kit I've done (after Wherry, Evil Dog and Brewferm Gallia) and the notable thing about it so far is that after 3 weeks it still appears to be active! It will be interesting to see how low the gravity reading has gone when I get round to bottling.
Four Finger Jack is one of my favourites. Fermented back in January in my brew fridge. OG 1.052, FG 1.007 when bottled. Turned out really well.

Fermentation went very quiet after a few days, judging from the airlock. Transferred to secondary (clean FV) after 1 week and straight back into the brew fridge. Hydrometer read 1.014. Reading when adding hop tea bags two days before bottling was 1.009.

A really nice pint that I am still enjoying. Good luck, guys.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:44 PM   #118
d_jsr

Likes Given: 1

Hi guys, very quick basic question for you hopefully, I'll be bottling this in the next couple days & I'm going to going carbonation drops. The kit says use one per bottle whereas the Munton's drops I've got say two per bottle, just checking if I put two in it won't be over carbed & cause any bombs?

Old 13-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #119
Johnbeer

I appreciate this only my 4th brew, but Bulldog 4 finger jack has been by far the best. I keged it rather than bottled it and it was extremely lively at first, just a matter of letting it settle in the glass and topping up a few times. Recomended.