Would you buy a 50L Ace/Klarstein brewer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They wont ship out single units where they have established distributor agreements. The 30/40L is available for not much more than that from a UK distributor.

They wont ship out single units where they have established distributor agreements. The 30/40L is available for not much more than that from a UK distributor.

That well may be the case, but Guten aren't the manufacturer though they are the retail arm of the manufacturer and is set up to deal with small orders.
It will be an interesting exercise to find out.
You could do a bulk buy if enough people are interested in the 50 litre $189 US each for a container load which is about 177 units
Other than that go for a holiday to China, great place to visit buy one there and just pay the excess baggage.

I contacted the company via Alibaba, they refused to sell any to me direct said it would be cheaper for me to purchase via their UK outlet.

I contacted the company via Alibaba, they refused to sell any to me direct said it would be cheaper for me to purchase via their UK outlet.

Which company did you contact, and who did you speak to, do you still have the email?
There is another company which makes 30, 50 and 70 litre kettles with a recirculating pump, I will check tomorrow for the name.

Don't know how to add the email so have taken a screen shot & uploaded it as a file.

IMG_1644.jpg

It's always worth having a look, sometimes you can get cheap shipping when a container is not quite full, I got quoted $40AU some years ago for a fermenter.
I think going to the China Brew show is a good idea, incorporated in a holiday, a year away so no telling what brewing equipment may be released by then.

Oooh, As I have been a good brewer, i've been given permission to look for more SS shiny stuff,,,
One 63l conical FV,,, Sooo is this worth/practicable buying direct from China?

imho, no, a conical is dependant on the skill of a good fabricator who also puts the time in to finish the cleaning up and pasification of the stainless steel.

only a few years ago there were problems found in a batch of UK built conicals which involved a bit of argie bargie back n forth until guarantees were finally honoured, with a seller in China i suspect such a quality issue would not get resolved to your satisfaction in a timely manner.

Its a high cost vanity item, and as such best sourced from a branded product, SS brewteck blitchmann etc, or from a known good source such as Mrlard aka homebrew builder or the malt miller, angel or powell homebrew.. where you will get the quality of after sales service such an item deserves.

Chinese SS goods can be dodgy quality still especially of your a customer of 1 x item with little or no prospect of repeat business.

a chap on another forum i follow bought himself a 1/4 of the price SS still from china, only to discover that the fabrication involved solder not welding and what was even worse it was lead solder!!

caveat emptor

That is true there are some dodgy operators, India is the worst I have found, and if you buy from Alibaba make sure it is through Alibaba and their Trade Assurance scheme.You will get a few wholesalers who will try to convince you to buy direct as they pay a premium to Alibaba, just tell them you are not interested they will either change their mind or if they are dodgy you will not hear from them again.
In saying that all of us over here who have bought the Ace/Guten/Klarstein/King system direct have done it through Paypal and one guy who had a iffy pump got it replaced straight away. (the pump that is)

I used the ace system for a few months and got on well with it
was easy to use and clean but sadly got to sale mine due to health got to bad other wise I would keep it
so its now up for sale

Back