Build your own chiller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best I could do,10mm pipe

IMG_1077.jpg

Best I could do,10mm pipe
Looking the part.A wee tip to add is too thread some copper wire 2.5mm around each pipe once and loop too the one below starting at the top.If you do it at right angles to each other you'll have equal spacing between the pipe allowing the wort to cover the pipe completely and help reduce your cooling time.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Looking the part.A wee tip to add is too thread some copper wire 2.5mm around each pipe once and loop too the one below starting at the top.If you do it at right angles to each other you'll have equal spacing between the pipe allowing the wort to cover the pipe completely and help reduce your cooling time.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Good tip mate,ta
I'm a sparky so 2.5mm is easy to get 👍

Ta
How long does it take to chill a 23l batch with a chiller that size?

I made mine from 10m of 10mm pipe. It depends on what time of year and the temperature of the tap water. In the summer it can take up to 45mins, and in the winter as little as 20mins.

When chilling stir the wort with your big spoon or paddle this will speed things up! I leave my thermometer dangling in the wort to watch the temp drop...useful if you are adding 0 minute or flame out hops when you need to be 80°c or less.
I have an inkbird bbq thermometer which I won off the forum...great big read out so easy to keep an eye on! I keep it in position with a clothes peg.

Latest posts

Back