as is extraction for flaked oats + flaked barley

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gurtpint

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm doing my homework and trying to learn calculating my grain bills by the ancient pen, paper, coffee & increased blood pressure method.... I have the "as is" extraction figures for most of my ingredients already, apart from flaked oats and barley. Would anyone have these at hand? Cheers!

As is is about 320º/Kg/L which is about 1.032 as gravity figures in pppg (points per pound per gallon) . . .Then Convertability (62%) and Mash efficiency has to be taken into account.

There is a handy calculator at the top left ;)

Bloody imperial units gives us a headache... Right. Erm. I may be even thicker than usual today, but I can't really figure out which calculator on top left could help alleviate my suffering...

gurtpint said:
Bloody imperial units gives us a headache...
Just realised those are Bloody Colonial units as well . . . US Gallons (3.785L) NOT Imperial ones( 4.55L) . . . That makes my conversion wrong as well :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I was talking about the recipe calculator ;)

Aleman said:
gurtpint said:
Bloody imperial units gives us a headache...
Just realised those are Bloody Colonial units as well . . . US Gallons (3.785L) NOT Imperial ones( 4.55L) . . . That makes my conversion wrong as well :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I was talking about the recipe calculator ;)

Down with the colonial imperialist lackeys! Geez, I had forgotten all about the recipe calculator. This is easy!

Another thing... Dunno if you have the time to get back to me before I get cracking with your oatmeal stout but - Do you think I could use 20g of Bramling Cross for FWH and then 50g of the same for 90 min boil? According to the calculator this would give 46 IBU and my expected ABV is 4.6%. Would it be too hoppy for this style?

Back