First Batches are on

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gracie

Reaction score
Morning folks,

I'm a newb so please be gentle, but I figure I'd put up a post with all that we have on the go just now.

This whole brewing thing is new to me, and in truth I'm not much of a beer drinker, well, at least not the evil IPA#s that my other half is so into! And although I've done some beastie beers in the past this is a different thing entirely!

So over the weekend we've gotten started and have a brewing set up established in the corner of the living room. We have one vat of of some kind of IPA on the go, no doubt the hubby will be along behind me with the specifics of that- but as that holds no interest for me I've got a couple of brews of my own set up.

I have a wee asda SP TC going and that's blurping away good style and I've got a bunch of fruit brewing for a perry type wine- or at least that's the hope!

so the TC is just a wee demi for now- I might go bigger scale depending on results, but that is containing

4l asda SP apple juice.
1 teaspoon wilko wine yeast
200g sugar ( which I now understand is unneccesary)
1/2 cup of strong black tea- 2 bags

lobbed it in, bunged it and it is chugging away like a steam train

the bigger batch that I've put on is a bit of a concoction and it may be a world class disaster but I'll tell you what I've thrown in there- I'm hoping for something between a perry/cider and a wine and I'm just crossing the fingers for it.

4 tins pears plus syrup
2 large bramleys
1.2 kg of conference pears.
1 kg sugar
1 cup strong black tea- * 4 bags
juice of 1 lemon
1 sachet wine yeast
1 carton welches white grape apple and pear
2 cartons asda sp apple
3 cartons princess apple and pear juice
( *all juices not drinks)
and a couple of litres boiled water to make it up to the 15 l mark

Its more of a cider that I'm hoping for but what will be will be!
( I'm not too good with exact instructions and am more of a winging it kinda gal so after looking at a bunch of recipes I may have just winged it:whistle:- so i'm just crossing the fingers for now!)

so thats where we're at th'now- I will keep you posted on the progress!

G x

Back