Youngs Strawberry & Lime or Bulldog Strawberry & Lime Cider Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g2147

Reaction score
just finished bulldog evil dog now looking for cider kit anyone tried Youngs Strawberry & Lime or Bulldog Strawberry & Lime Cider Kit which 1 should i go for or if there are any others i should try first. would really appreciate the help thanks

I did the young's kit mainly for a party, and it went down very well although a bit flat in the pressure barrel after a month and being transported across town (forgot to take co2 bulbs on the night).

Even as a non cider drinker I enjoyed the bottles I siphoned off the top, originally for the ladies of the house - but they didn't enjoy the early sample.

Not tried the bulldog kit but enjoyed this one enough to consider another cider, potentially this one, for the summer next year as a refreshing change up.

My LHBS had samples of the On The Rocks kit, that was very good too.

Enjoy whatever you go for.

I'm based in Edinburgh, PM me if you're localish and would like a sample bottle.

Last edited:
The bulldog one was my first ever brew last August and it was ok, although not particularly tasty if I remember rightly.

I tend to make cider the turbo cider route now, and using syrups to prime/flavour at the end, get a decent raspberry/strawberry/cherry variety out of it. Takes more or less the same effort and it's all apple juice rather than a bottle of concentrate and water like the kit makes.

The bulldog one was good enough for a kit though I reckon

the youngs 1 seems to have better reviews online so might go for that but i would like to make them from scratch like suggested but im complete novice wouldn't know where to start

hi thanks for the offer wfr42 but i am in south wales iv'e seen On The Rocks kit their a bit cheaper than the others so they might be worth a try for the price?

Back