Muesli base mix!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clibit

Reaction score
I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast which included some muesli base mix, which I bought from the Unicorn Grocery in Chorlton, Manchester, a place where nowadays the children have names like Amethyst and Benedict. And people knit their own muesli. I moved out of Chorlton to old Trafford about 12 years ago, but regularly walk down there to enjoy the myriad bars selling wondrous ales, at mostly wondrous prices. The Unicorn is a vegan co-operative, never ask for honey in there. You get a lecture. I go in there about once a year, they do sell some great stuff.

Checking the muesli ingredients, it contains three things - malted wheat flakes, jumbo oats and rye flakes - which make it a potential beer ingredient! Now what beer style shall I use it for...?! Any suggestions?

I realise I will be unable to fend off accusations of having too much time on my hands on here, and this is further evidence, obviously.

You could add some sugar puffs wheatabix .. just dont get too carried away and mash in 12 liters of milk !!

In all seriousness coulnd't you try some witbier of some variety?

You could add some sugar puffs wheatabix .. just dont get too carried away and mash in 12 liters of milk !!

In all seriousness coulnd't you try some witbier of some variety?

I could, but I don't often drink Witbier. I'm not big on Belgian yeast madness. Maybe it's a taste I could acquire.

I can understand, those yeast forward styles are certainly different.

Maybe add it to a stout?

You said before you're a hop head.. could add it and make a pale ale but I have no idea how that will turn out.. in the name of science and all that!!

I can understand, those yeast forward styles are certainly different.

Maybe add it to a stout?

You said before you're a hop head.. could add it and make a pale ale but I have no idea how that will turn out.. in the name of science and all that!!

Yes, I'm thinking darker beers I think. But wheat, rye and oats can all go in paler beers, though clarity might be an issue.

Back