First Gold Hop Swop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
Anyone have any First Gold hops they would like to swap. I have:

100g Progress (leaf)
100g Bobek (leaf)
50g EKG (pellet)

All in unopened vac pacs

Not really. It's what they use in hobgoblin isn't it and I dont like that much

No I don't think so. Hobgoblin uses Styrian Goldings. I love Bobek hops, better in a pale beer, if you haven't checked them out, you should.

I thought styrian goldings and bobek were the same thing?

ARgh!!! (Been here many times before! :-) Sorry. ) Yes and no. There are various hops that get labelled as Styrian Goldings. Savinski Goldings is the standard Styrian Golding, Celeia is another, Bobek is another. There are others.

Savinski and Celeia are Fuggles derived, Bobek are Northern brewer derived. All three are different, but often get used interchangeably. I really like Bobek.

Anyway, you couldn't judge a hop in a beer like Hobgoblin very easily, I don't think. It's not a hop forward beer. You might not like Bobek, not everyone does, but not liking Hobgoblin is not a reason to dismiss them, I doubt there are any Bobek in Hobgoblin.

Anyone have any First Gold hops they would like to swap. I have:

100g Progress (leaf)
100g Bobek (leaf)
50g EKG (pellet)

All in unopened vac pacs

I have 400gs i did offer yesterday:twisted:

I thought we were talking about Admiral yesterday. I that case would you like to swap some FG?

When you get the first gold consider doing a brew with FG and Northdown. The Brit Hop recipe is an example. I think it's a lovely hop combination.

I thought we were talking about Admiral yesterday. I that case would you like to swap some FG?
I did say did I see you wanted some hops on another thread old timer 😃
I can send it at the weekend if you need some

I did say did I see you wanted some hops on another thread old timer 😃
I can send it at the weekend if you need some

That would be great. 100g if you can spare it 50g if not. Which hops from mine did you want to swap? As the whole point of this is for me to empty out my freezer draw a bit. Otherwise I could have just bought some FG from that chap on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back