Ace micro brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey dude! Ordered one off ebay. Anything with 6 pole dual rocker switch is all you need.

Also noticed for all you people who have done nothing to your Ace that if water gets on the switch you'll get electrocuted! Don't ask me how I know. So be careful.

They may have updated the design now but I'm glad I ripped everything out and started from scratch, my temperature is dead on accurate using the Inkbird 106T (reads in Fahrenheit) wired to an SSR and SSVR.

I sent hifi-tower an email sunday, got a response first thing monday. They offered a 30 gbp partial refund, or the option of shipping the unit back to them for repair (at their expense). Am going to accept partial refund, repair the switch myself. They gave assurance last time that this option wouldn't void further warranty.

To be honest, I've been very impressed by them... the build quality on this thing is pretty low, but they've never tried to shirk responsibility for the faults.

Thanks for the info! I'm considering making an order for the smartpid. The functionality I really want is timed start... I brew in the morning, try to mash in and then make kids breakfast. Would be nice if it was hot when I woke up.

If I understand correctly, you started modding yours before this was available? Would you go this route now?

I'm in north italy, so it's a local product, which is nice.

http://smartpid.com/

I think even if it was available I would have waited for a 2nd iteration to work out any kinks. Timed start can be done with an outlet timer with my setup. It's nice that the functionality is built into the smartpid. I think if I had the choice I would still do what I did because the learning process and a DIY was very enjoyable for me. Results will vary ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back