Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Beer Kits & Brewing Equipment Reviews. > Inkbird controller and fridge test

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
BREWERS DROOP

Liked 87 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 329

Default Inkbird controller and fridge test

All ready and set up my new brew fridge and inkbird controller,a few tests of temperature,no need for fans in my view,all thermometers tested equal.Looking forward to using it Monday.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:16 PM   #2
BREWERS DROOP

Liked 87 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 329

Had a thermometer in the test water in fermenter,the pid from the inkbird in the fridge on the side of the fermenter and a thermometer on top of the fridge,every single reading was the same.
Ajhutch Likes This 
Old 06-08-2017, 10:41 PM   #3
BeerCat

Liked 643 Times on 533 Posts
Likes Given: 924

Neat job. Love the inkbird. They are great. As i am fermenting lower than ambient temps in mine i dont have a heater and its working really well.

Conditioning Dry Irish Stout with CML US yeast

Drinking American Stout, Punk IPA, Kolsch x2, German Lager x2, Mild, Brown Porter, Mead, Melomel
BREWERS DROOP Likes This 
Old 06-08-2017, 11:47 PM   #4
Fil

Liked 832 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 26

lookin good, but imho you will benefit from adding a small cheap fan, one recycled from a loft bound tower pc case powered by a £shop phone charger is sufficient..

its the air inside the fridge that is the medium of heat exchange between the sources and your brew, help it move and your helping the exchange efficiency.