Malt miller brew kettle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I'm after a larger brew kettle. I've seen one from the malt miller with a fitted tap and bazooka filter,33 l, for £73. It also mentions it is suitable for induction hob but initial use will be on my hob.
Anyone got this one or could someone point me in the right direction to similar stuff..??

Cheers

Clint

Hello all
I'm after a larger brew kettle. I've seen one from the malt miller with a fitted tap and bazooka filter,33 l, for �£73. It also mentions it is suitable for induction hob but initial use will be on my hob.
Anyone got this one or could someone point me in the right direction to similar stuff..??

Cheers

Clint

Is that a brupaks pot? If so even though they say induction it wont work on my stovetop. Its fine on the buffalo but has burnt the bottom of the pot. Will be upgrading soon to a larger one of the high end brewbuilder ones.

It won't work on your stove? On gas?

Sorry i was not very clear. I have an induction hob in my kitchen and my pan wont work properly on it. It might turn on or it might not but its unable to even boil 10l.
Works fine on the buffalo but with such a thin base its become slightly out of shape. Good value though, mine was about £45 without tap for a 32l.

Hello all
I'm after a larger brew kettle. I've seen one from the malt miller with a fitted tap and bazooka filter,33 l, for ���£73. It also mentions it is suitable for induction hob but initial use will be on my hob.

Cheers

Clint

I've got a 33l and 50l pot from the maltmiller, very nice quality - they are both Bergland from Germany and should last year's. I've added peco elements to mine so can't comment on induction hob suitability, will be great on gas though!

The bazooka filter works really well for me

If in any doubt ring them up speak to rob neal he's the owner and a great chap, I find him very honest and not just trying to sell you stuff.

I think I will go with 2 33 litre pots. One as it comes for a hlt and the other converted by maltmiller with tap and filter for my boiler.
Spapro are you using leaf or pellets?

Cheers

Clint

I think I will go with 2 33 litre pots. One as it comes for a hlt and the other converted by maltmiller with tap and filter for my boiler.
Spapro are you using leaf or pellets?

Cheers

Clint

I use either/both - probably more leaf than pellet overall as leaf are usually cheapest when ordering supplies.

The bazooka hop filter from the maltmiller copes with either leaf or pellet for me - never had an issue with blocking or the filter letting a lot through when transferring out into FV.

its worth adding the following 90° elbow from maltmiller:
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=342

Once chilled let the boiler sit undisturbed for 10-15 minutes - which lets the trub/hops settle at the bottom of the boiler.

Then slowly open the tap to start then fully and just let the wort fall through a sieve and into your FV - aerates the wort well and the sieve catches a small amount of hop debris if any does get through - I just get a few small pieces when first opening the tap:

BOS2.jpg

boiler_trub.jpg

Well...I was just perusing the maltmiller Web site when I purchased said boilers,a nice 5 litre jug and some other items! Feeling a bit spend thrift I visited another brewing Web site and bought one of those blue igloo mash tuns all the best brewers seem to have....I'm all shopped out now and relaxing with ...yep a home brew!
Hope it all arrives by my next block off in 2 days time....
It only cost a few quid ....honestly dear!

Well...I was just perusing the maltmiller Web site when I purchased said boilers,a nice 5 litre jug and some other items! Feeling a bit spend thrift I visited another brewing Web site and bought one of those blue igloo mash tuns all the best brewers seem to have....I'm all shopped out now and relaxing with ...yep a home brew!
Hope it all arrives by my next block off in 2 days time....
It only cost a few quid ....honestly dear!

Always exciting receiving deliveries of new shiny equipment.

I've always found deliveries from the MaltMiller to be very quick to arrive - hope they do land ahead of your brewday, and enjoy !

Latest posts

Back