Have I done something wrong?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GtOakley_Brewer

Reaction score
This is my recent black sheep ale clone which had been in the fermenter for two weeks now. Was planning on bottling it tonight but there seems to be a lot of floating debris, have I done something wrong, should I leave it to settle for longer?
I used the Graham Wheeler recipe with a White Labs London Ale Yeast. OG was 1056, now 1008
View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1448655438808.jpg

if its at 1.008 it should have fermented out..(more so than I’d expect for that yeast)...so you should be OK, but if you are uncomfortable you could rack to a secondary vessel for a week and then bottle..or leave for another few days in the primary fv.

Just had a quick look at the yeast strain you used. It's not very flocctuant so will be cloady. You could cold crash it to drop the yeast out if you like but eventually it will fall out of it's own accord with enough conditioning, especially if you condition it somewhere cool (after two weeks in the warm to carb it up)

I have a little bottler on the fermenting bucket. Have filled a couple of bottles and it does seem to continue floating at the top so think I might be ok.

Thanks. I will bottle it and keep it in my beer fridge for a few weeks. Was planning on conditioning at about 18-19 degrees for 3 weeks before cooling down ready for Christmas.

Back