Batch carb how too

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magpie2000k

Regular.
Reaction score
Guys I have a kit brew red ale. I want to batch carb it. How much Sugar for 23ltrs. Would you dissolve in water then allow to cool then add

Also do you add finings to your brews or just rack and bottle.

Please advise.

Thanks

Great cheers brewing sugar or regular sugar. And if brewing sugar that ain't on the calculator

No finings?

Regular sugar is fine for priming. I've not used finings on a beer yet, even the cloudiest ones have cleared after a few months, most in weeks.

Thanks Harrow as I'm a dim whit 23l how much sugar in grams the calculator is in ounces

Haha just found to switch to grams. Twit.
170 ish sound about right?

Correction 130g

Time is the factor with clear ales! adding finings will clear your ale faster if you are in a rush and have no stock, but leaving your ale a few weeks or so more you will not need finings and you will have a better ale:thumb: it all depends on how fast you need your new ale to be ready to drink one guesses

Depends on the style of beer you are brewing and how many vols of co2 you want in it. 170 sounds a bit much tbh....

110g sounds about right - last time I did an English Pale Ale I put 108g in, and 120g for a stout.

Back