final gravity question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brydo

Regular.
Reaction score
hi guys, im a little worried. i have biab wheat beer in the fv and its bottling day. its been in the fv for three weeks and three days but the gravity reading is 1024, is this too high ? all my other beers have came down to 1010. the og was 1050 and i used the mangrove jacks bavarien wheat yeast. cheers for any help

By my calcs that's giving you 3.41% ABV and only 52% yeast attenuation. I would not consider bottling at 1.024, just asking for bottle bombs!

What temp you had it at? Perhaps raise it a degree or two or give it a gentle swirl to try and rouse the yeast?

was sitting between 18 and 22 consistantly for the three week. yeah im right nervous about making a mess and swambo having a go. she is looking for any excuse to put me in the shed permanently

Yeah you don't want to upset the boss. Ideally you want to be getting to an SG of between 1.012 & 1.015 given your original SG and the yeast you used. 18-22C is probably bang in range as well. I'd defo try to gently rouse it and see if you can wake the yeast back up.

Back