Supermarket juice wine and Wurzels orange wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moley...........I also found that mango produces vast amounts of settlement/sediment. After swirling several times during fermentation I was able to get most of the sediment to settle, but this still caused me to lose about a litre from my 5litre water bottle fermenter. :eek: I was just able to scrape 6 wine bottles out of it!
:cheers:

Tim_Crowhurst said:
5L plastic water bottles are fine, just fit a grommet into the hole you drill in the lid. It'll help keep a tight seal.

A 28mm hole is perfect for a standard bung and airlock.

Chippy_Tea said:
[quote="Tim_Crowhurst":4oj9yew2]5L plastic water bottles are fine, just fit a grommet into the hole you drill in the lid. It'll help keep a tight seal.

A 28mm hole is perfect for a standard bung and airlock.[/quote:4oj9yew2]

If you have a 28mm drill bit, of course. I'm a cheapskate and won't buy one when a 9mm bit does the job perfectly fine.

I found one of these at my local car boot sale.

stepped_cone_drill_bit.jpg

Chippy_Tea said:

Go slowly with these, the temptation is to push it in until you get to the correct diameter, but as I've found out it sometimes pulls itself in a bit quick :shock:

Intelekt said:
Chippy_Tea said:

Go slowly with these, the temptation is to push it in until you get to the correct diameter, but as I've found out it sometimes pulls itself in a bit quick :shock:

On mine 28mm is the next to last step, as you say it kind of grabs so it is easy to go too far, if you hold the cap it in your hand and gently pus it up the drill you get used to it by the time you get to the top.

You can also get a 28mm version of this fairly cheap.

832744.jpg

i have only been brewing for a couple of years so still learning.

i have recently made a few brews using the diluting juice and youngs wine yeast. wife doesnt like them, will using a cider yeast make much of a difference to the final outcome?

What's in your DJ ????????????

What a great thread :DJ 1 Red wine, DJ 2 Red grape juice, DJ 3 White grape juice with apple juice and white grape and peach.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back