the tom challenge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alandkell said:
ok here goes
1: mouth feel is very good!
2: initial smell from the bottle very wine like and no tomato in sight!
3: first taste of a very small sip just in case was actually quite pleasant!
4: 2nd taste and took a good shlurp nice initial taste quite dry with a heavy aftertaste that isnt unpleasant at all!
5: absolutely no hint of tomato for me and overall quite a nice wine with a nice tangy aftertaste that has made me go back for more!

6: and finally marks out of ten an impressive 8/10 nice one dude i would deffo drink it but there again i aint a connossieur!!!! :clap: :clap: :thumb:

Sounds good.

Will give my opinion at weekend.

At 14% think its wiser not to try tonight as im a Lorry Driver :D :D :D

snail59 said:
alandkell said:
ok here goes
1: mouth feel is very good!
2: initial smell from the bottle very wine like and no tomato in sight!
3: first taste of a very small sip just in case was actually quite pleasant!
4: 2nd taste and took a good shlurp nice initial taste quite dry with a heavy aftertaste that isnt unpleasant at all!
5: absolutely no hint of tomato for me and overall quite a nice wine with a nice tangy aftertaste that has made me go back for more!

6: and finally marks out of ten an impressive 8/10 nice one dude i would deffo drink it but there again i aint a connossieur!!!! :clap: :clap: :thumb:

Sounds good.

Will give my opinion at weekend.

At 14% think its wiser not to try tonight as im a Lorry Driver :D :D :D
i agree one glass and my knees are beginning to feel the warmth already! :twisted:

Question is snail59...
Did it help with the sore throat?

alandkell said:
absolutely no hint of tomato for me and overall quite a nice wine with a nice tangy aftertaste

:thumb: the tang is the only thing that differed from a normal juice type wine - but as my recipe was just tom juice and grape juice its turned out OK then :lol:

might even try a bottle myself :rofl:

My first wine critique.

The first thing that impresses is the attention to detail. The uniform fit of the shrink & the neatness of the lable. Im liking the plastic stopper will be useing those instead of the 2nd rate corks I have at present.

The wine is very clear with a slight redish hue. A pleasent bouquet quite fruity (wich should not be a suprise as tomatoes are a fruit).

Now there is a slight and I mean slight initial tomato tang but nothing like you would expect. It realy is not unpleasent. There is a nice feel in the mouth & the wine clings to the glass quite impressively (unlike mine which seem to be a lot more akin to water). Now at 14.5% I was expecting this to be dry & acidic but it realy isn't which was a real suprise. As you continue to drink this the tomato flavour gets a little stronger.

Taste.jpg

In summery.

Not an unpleasent drink. :cheers:

I think this will improve with age. :thumb:

Thanks Rick for the opertunity to sample this creation. :thumb:

Respect is due :clap:

:thumb: Cheers mick glad it went down well :pray:

Those plastic stoppers are great - wilkos or your LHBS will have them, they can be a bit loose in some screwtop bottles, they must be a touch wider!

Well here it is my first tomato wine from the "Norgrove brewery "
Redder than others :wha: only 4 bottles but what the hell :D http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac48/31bb3/DSC00084.jpg
Still cant get bloody pics to show must be thick :evil:

31bb3 said:
Well here it is my first tomato wine from the "Norgrove brewery "
Redder than others :wha: only 4 bottles but what the hell :D http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac48/31bb3/DSC00084.jpg
Still cant get bloody pics to show must be thick :evil:[/quote]

[img]http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac48/31bb3/DSC00084.jpg

there you go just missed off the last img code

Sorry to restart an old thread but to the people who made it? Would you say it’s worth the tomatoes or not? As in would you choose to drink it? :lol:

If so can I have a recipe or two please?

Many thanks

Yeah I still have three bottles left :lol: One I drank, one was sent to mick(snail) and one I gave away :lol:

I think it's nearly time I try the Tomato Wine I made a good while back :smile: In each bottle I placed 2 chillis for the craic.

Won't be using store bought tomato juice again, I lost so much of it to sediment :'(

Latest posts

Back