please stop ****ing up the forum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha was going to ask, what ads? but remembered I turned them off ages ago. I don't mind brewing equipment ads though.

It has been said before no one forces you to visit the Snug if you think the Snug is ****ing up the forum i suggest you stop visiting it..
If only it were that easy. My default page is the 'New Posts" page and there's no way to turn off the snug headlines. Can you make the posts visible only from within the snug forum?

Can you make the posts visible only from within the snug forum?

Unfortunately no, When you view "New Posts" you see the thread title containing new posts and on the right the forum its posted in so there is no reason you should view something you do not want to.

If only it were that easy. My default page is the 'New Posts" page and there's no way to turn off the snug headlines. Can you make the posts visible only from within the snug forum?

I think the forums ok as it is. There's no point changing it for the few that don't like it.
Read the title and decide if you want to view it or not. Job done.

I mean, not even the denizens of HBF can discuss brewing all the time.

Besides, I like those conversations. They're interesting. So are the beer threads, obviously, but this isn't a zero sum game.

Just my 2 pence worth- I enjoy reading random stuff on here! Yes some people have extreme views but you have to take it with a pinch of salt. Let's face it everyone is probably a bit merry when posting [emoji6]

I think there is a HUGE difference between the odd off topic post from rank and file members, I have made more than one or two myself over time, and lets say a moderator chucking cat amongst the pigeons on an almost daily basis.. If such a thing were to happen hypothetically ;) perhaps a new list/board could be formed labelled 'sponsored content' Rather than The snug..

I think there is a HUGE difference between the odd off topic post from rank and file members, I have made more than one or two myself over time, and lets say a moderator chucking cat amongst the pigeons on an almost daily basis.. If such a thing were to happen hypothetically ;) perhaps a new list/board could be formed labelled 'sponsored content' Rather than The snug..

It's not sponsored content and it's not me chucking the cat amongst the pigeons it's off topic chat discussing news items and there are many new ones daily I could spam the snug with tens a day but I tend to post the ones I think members will discuss, you seem to be in a minority of one with these views as I said earlier if you don't like the content of the snug maybe you should give it a miss in future.

I think this is the best forum. Diverse crowd and super active. Leave it. But, I will say, if it becomes a “nanny” forum, I’m out.

...maybe the snug needs two bars. One for general shenanigans and another for reactionary angst.

I think this is the best forum. Diverse crowd and super active. Leave it. But, I will say, if it becomes a “nanny” forum, I’m out.

We try not to get too involved in here or the other forums and rarely delete threads/posts members know the rules and generally post within them.

One important point on the above we have a means of anonymously reporting posts (red triangle under the members username) we cannot read every post in every thread so if a member believes the rules have been breached it would help if they could use it.

A big majority of members like the Snug the way it is so i see no point in discussing this further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back