You couldn't make it up!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is from the BBC Teletext service today ...

"There has been a big fall in the number of workers starting apprenticeships since the introduction of the government’s apprenticeship levy earlier this year.

The levy was supposed to increase the number of people training at work.

But according to Department for Education figures, in the last three months of the 2017 academic year, 48,000 people began an apprenticeship.

That compared with 117,000 for the same period last year."

This is a drop of nearly 60%!

I swear, this government would throw a drowning man an anchor and then announce that they had attempted to save him! :doh::doh:

I was listening to 5 live earlier and they said businesses had warned them this was not a good idea.

To be honest, this was always going to be the case, I have 14 apprentices working for me, and have never been so confused as to how this was going to work. We have taken the view taken them on, pay them and be damned with the whole scheme. Its case of if it ain't broke don't fix it, and clearly tampering with a system has had a significantly negative effect.

The biggest news to me is there is still a teletext service and someone uses it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back