Defrosting.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all about to become a thing of the past, no more women in slippers out in the snow. You have an electric car, you get up in the morning and use your phone app to warm up the car, defrost the windows, turn on the radio and adjust your seat back to where it was before the aforementioned lady in slippers borrowed it to give you a lift back from the pub the night before.

That's all standard now in electric cars, why can't petrol cars do it?

my transit used to have a heated screen. 60 seconds and i was off on a call. now my transporter doesnt have one,and as its diesel it takes foever to warm up,
im still there after 30minutes sometimes, and they wonder why members complain,

I’ve just bought a new Vauxhall Insignia and it has a heated windscreen, clears in about 2 mins. It also has heated mirrors, heated seats and a heated steering wheel......

When I get to work in the morning I don’t want to get out of the car.... I love it.

A few years back I bought a cheap bottle of Martinique rum on a booze cruize; it was repulsive, even mixed with coke.

However I discovered that it was the mutts nuts at clearing ice from the windscreen. I'm sure that something like white spirit or meths would do the job just as well and far more cheaply.

Have to laugh...chap works with me spends the last couple of hours of the night shift filling 2 litre pop bottles with hot water to sit in his car so it's warmed up for home time .....

Have to laugh...chap works with me spends the last couple of hours of the night shift filling 2 litre pop bottles with hot water to sit in his car so it's warmed up for home time .....

If i had a drive i would put a small tube heater on the dash and leave it on all night they cost a few pence per an hour to run.

Just let the car running. In another note, saw a woman clearing 6 inches of snow off her car roof.... with a rake

Lol! Women should not be allowed anywhere near cars, like men should not be let anywhere near an ironing board. Some things simply aren't meant to be; the above are two good examples.

That's what I'd do normally (and for any unpleasant job for that matter) but I'm not so mean as to drag her out of bed at 0530 when she doesn't have to be up until 0830. God I spoil that woman, I really do. Anyway tonight I'm gonna set some candles alight on the dash, hehe that'll do the trick. It's smart being smart!
You're an old romantic Gunge, candlelit dashboard, you'll be leaving her a cuppa on the dash before you know it.:whistle:

It's all about to become a thing of the past, no more women in slippers out in the snow. You have an electric car, you get up in the morning and use your phone app to warm up the car, defrost the windows, turn on the radio and adjust your seat back to where it was before the aforementioned lady in slippers borrowed it to give you a lift back from the pub the night before.

That's all standard now in electric cars, why can't petrol cars do it?

I hate to see cars sat with their engines running and no-one inside them.

No matter how many times a person locks everything up there will come the day that they forget and then it becomes open season on the car for any passing thief or adventurous kid.

It's not an easy job to take the statement from a person who has just killed their own child because they were too "busy" to wait for the engine to warm up and clear away the frost. :nono:

No kidding and absolutely the truth!

I'm sat typing this in my living room and it is a frosty morning here in Skegness. A car has just gone past with EVERY window frosted up except for a patch the size of a newspaper scraped off the windscreen. :doh: :doh: :doh: Pillock!

If i had a drive i would put a small tube heater on the dash and leave it on all night they cost a few pence per an hour to run.

Good idea but it's a matter of priorities. :thumb:

The only tube heater I have is in the Brew Fridge helping the Golden Pumpkin Ale to ferment.

The phrase "When hell freezes over!" springs to mind when considering it for an alternative use. :lol: :lol:

I always clear mine with a freshly boiled kettle, people always tell me it will crack the screen but I have done it since I passed my test in the late 90s. It has the advantage it demists the inside as well. I started when at work in the late 90s on a radio phone in someone in Scotland phoned in and said everyone around were he was does it every morning and none ever had a cracked screen.

Lol! Women should not be allowed anywhere near cars, like men should not be let anywhere near an ironing board. Some things simply aren't meant to be; the above are two good examples.

I hope the female members don't read this.

Anyway tonight I'm gonna set some candles alight on the dash, hehe that'll do the trick. It's smart being smart!

I think i would cough my lungs inside out if i got into a car full of burnt candle fumes.

Good idea but it's a matter of priorities. :thumb:

The only tube heater I have is in the Brew Fridge helping the Golden Pumpkin Ale to ferment.

I had a senior moment when i posted that, if i had a drive i would put a fan heater on the seat i imagine it would only take a few minutes to clear the car.

I think i would cough my lungs inside out if i got into a car full of burnt candle fumes.

.[/QUOTE]

or die from carbon monoxide!:nono:

What a load of tarts you all are with your heated seats , heated windows,heated windscreens and interior heaters:roll:
My first car was a 1948 Ford Prefect and that had no heating at all, did it bother me,na,but then i am a tufty:whistle::lol::lol:

What a load of tarts you all are with your heated seats , heated windows,heated windscreens and interior heaters:roll:
My first car was a 1948 Ford Prefect and that had no heating at all, did it bother me,na,but then i am a tufty:whistle::lol::lol:
Don't let Dutto read that, the Morris 8 that he travelled to Skegness in had windscreen wipers that you could operate manually.

Don't let Dutto read that, the Morris 8 that he travelled to Skegness in had windscreen wipers that you could operate manually.

and trafficators :lol:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fvrO_P-td8[/ame]

Latest posts

Back