Wine & Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PuggledPrune

Reaction score
Made a wine somewhere along the lines of Moley and mike383838 with RGJ, WGJ, Cranberry & Raspberry Juice, and will be topping up with Malina Syrup.

Also made a cider along the lines of Grays Alchemy. El cheapo from concentrate Aldi AJ and chucked in some Malic Acid. Plan to leave this for months to see how it turns out.

That's 8 gallons made since joining the site. Think I might have caught the bug! Thanks everyone! :cheers:

Ha ha, sure is. Even my wife is getting into it. I started getting the gear out tonight, and she was like "oooh, are you bottling anything tonight? I like having a wee taste!". Guess that's the signal to step up production.

Next up: Ginger beer and a Tea Bag wine. BRAW.

I meant to ask anyone who may be reading this:

I took an OG for the first time. It came out as around 1.086 before topping up with the Malina. This was at 4litres.

Sugar content before malina syrup = 861. After = 1147. It's a 1 gal DJ which I will fill to the bottom of the neck. I have had a play with FermCalc but to be honest I have no idea what I am doing. It looks like it comes out at 12.55% but no clue if that's right. Quite happy with that if it is though :)

Cheers for any help! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back