Cheeky Vimto

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh and drinking should be week after next!
I also reckon this could do with 4 ltr of vimto per 25 ltr as it's a little on the weak side but still good!

muddydisco said:
I finished it at 1.020 FG may drop a few more points before the yeast stops working.

Just had a quick read through my note and i recon by the time the yest stops working it will drop to about 1.010, if you where to add some camden tablets and staberlise it could stop now.

:cheers: Sounds mouth watering cant wait to give it a try. Not sure what the usual S-04 yeast is ( new to brewing only been at it 3 weeks) regards Al
pee.gif
:drink: :hmm:

Think im going to give this a go the weekend. Ill be doing 4 x 1 gallon DJ batches.

DJ number 1 ill be using SO4
DJ number 2 ill be using Young's GP Yeast
DJ number 3 ill be using Young's Cider Yeast
DJ number 4 ill be using a packet of yeast from a Geordie Scotish Export kit ive just found.

In DJ's 2 and 4 ill be using Yeast Nutrients.

Its just going to be a little experiment with different types of yeast and to see if the nutrients makes any real difference.

Dave you've changed!! Once upon a time you just chucked things in a fv and drank what came out! Now your getting geeky :ugeek: !!!

muddydisco said:
Dave you've changed!! Once upon a time you just chucked things in a fv and drank what came out! Now your getting geeky :ugeek: !!!

When lisa lets me start brewing brewing again mate ill go back to the old me :D . As for now i can get away with it in the name of science. ;)

Cider and wine ferment quite happily from the "bloom" on the fruit", so why do other sugar/citric acid musts require yeast nutrient?
Beer wort gets a little bit of acid from the mash and I've never used nutrient there!
I am waiting to be educated please.

:cheers: Good morning Brewers got my Vimto TC on the go making roughly a 5Ltr batch so far I have Boiled Vimto added Sugar Boiled on for a further 10 mins. added my Apple Juice to Bucket and poured in Hot Sugared Vimto. Temperature in Bucket is 24degres and the OG is 1.080.
I have not yet added the S-04 Yeast as not sure how much to add was thinking about adding One Teaspoon full does that sound about right for a 5Ltr batch.
Also should the Yeast be Sprinkled on top and stirred well in or just left on the top regards Al :cheers:
pee.gif
:drink: :whistle:

Just had a read of this thread and must say in loving this idea, only started brewing friday. Got a bought kit on the go, but also have 2 fv laying empty as i was thinking what to put on brew next. Think Ive just found my next brew :party: just need to get some yeast now and it will be happy brewing days :cheers:

Well looks like your all going to regret brewing this........

It's loopy juice........

Seriously I'm only 2 pints in........

I can't have anymore..........

Can I? :hmm:

Back