SUMMERSWAP 2013 (WINE)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinleycat

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello "Swappers" (it sounds seedy already!! :oops: )
Here you will find all you need to know about the wine summer swap 2013.
Firstly (and for this swap) anything that isn't a wine style drink should be entered in the beer swap, if swappers would like additional sub groups we will try our best next time around (hopefully autumn if not christmas).

JOINING INSTRUCTIONS.
All swappers registrations MUST be sent to the following e-mail address:
[email protected]
by the 30th of June 2013. You will need to supply the following few bits of info:
Please title all emails with THBF bottle swap, this will aid admin filter any spam.
1. Forum Name & any allergens we might need to be be aware of.
2. Real name and address and post code (and if pos a mobile or landline number)DATA PROTECTION INFO, all personal details will be destroyed after each swap, no personal details will be used for any other purpose other than the swap
3. Group you are swapping (i.e red, white, rose, mead, sparkling etc etc)
4. Swap name/style (i.e KCs cloudy white WOW :lol: :lol: :oops: )
5. Any weird or wonderful (or potentialy harmful) ingredients.
(If you can keep to this order it will aid the admin guys, as they can copy and paste your details and save them a bit of typing time).
You will be then issued with a ticket number by return e-mail- so you know (when feedback is given after the swap) who's talking about your beer!! (don't worry we will keep records if you lose them :whistle: )

POSTAL INSTRUCTIONS.
You will be emailed another swappers name and postal details between the (1st and 14th of July) Please try and post as soon as possible and no later than the 14th.
Postage - Personally i would send in a 500ml plastic to reduce risk of breakage and lower cost, but that is only a recommendation.
Labeling - Firstly please put your ticket number on your beer label then only list style, abv and a name for it (nothing that can identify the brew to the brewer though, remember this is tip top secret!!!) and any allergic properties (as a back up, if you have submitted any allergen advice in your joining details our admin will try to ensure that you do not receive harmful beer) but adding this on the labelling will add a second tier of safety.

DRINKING.
Like you lot need any advice on this!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drunk:
Seriously a bit of settling time, correct serving temp and perhaps a cracker with a bit of extra mature cheddar on :whistle: and savour.

FEEDBACK.
After the 14th "encouraging tasting feedback" can be left on the thread, please supply a ticket number with your feedback.
REMEMBER this is supposed to be a bit of fun and a way of encouraging fellow brewers and people into brewing, ultra critical notes from an uber-AGbrewer to a novice kit brewer would be harmful and i will ask for Mods to remove them. I'm sure you all understand.

Thats it for now, please leave any feedback you can we want to make this a regular thing and we can only do that by making sure we get things right (which we probably won't do first time around) so bare with us we are here for your pleasure!!!

Occasional updates will be left ad hoc, so bookmark us!!

KC :thumb:

:electric: NEWSFLASH!!!!!
Already things are moving on "a pace" here at bottleswap HQ.
The nerve centre is quite litterally pulsating with activity.
What views do people have on the future of bottle swapping?
We are looking at the next swap already and whether to go for autumn or to wait until christmas.
My own view is that a seasonal calendar would work well and would give people the opportunity (with fixed dates) to plan ahead and offer seasonal offerings, based on what they are drinking and brewing in accordance with the weather and what not.
Over to you?
KC :thumb:

Hi all, I am the on uncharged of admin for the wine swap. Send your entries to the email address above with the relevant details and you will get an automated response confirming that I have received your entry. Come the 30th of June I will start getting back to you where to send you bottle.

I am currently away on honeymoon and will not be back till the 30th so please be patient with me. I will get to you all with details of where to send your lovely brew.

Till then, happy brewing.

alanywiseman said:
Hi all, I am the on uncharged of admin for the wine swap. Send your entries to the email address above with the relevant details and you will get an automated response confirming that I have received your entry. Come the 30th of June I will start getting back to you where to send you bottle.

I am currently away on honeymoon and will not be back till the 30th so please be patient with me. I will get to you all with details of where to send your lovely brew.

Till then, happy brewing.
And happy honeymoon, hope you're not too exhausted on your return!!! :thumb:

null_zps32242968.png

Three weeks to get your entries in people!!!
Summerswap 13 is here!!! :thumb:

I'm in! Will send my entry off tomorrow when I get on the computer.

If it's anything like the xmas one then it's going to be great!

I think we should try and do one every 3 months.

We have a few entries for the wine swap but it would be great if we could get some more. Just drop an email to [email protected] with your details (name, address, any unusual ingredients in the brew, etc) and you will get a automated response letting you know that you are in.

It will be a lot if fun so why not give it a go :thumb:

Looks like I'm going to have to sit this one out... the date for sending is the week we move house. Don't want to give the old address and trust that the wine will be sent on time. Equally I could put the new address and something could happen and the sale will fall through. Also I think I will have enough to do without getting a sample of wine together and posted. Knowing me I will forget.

Next time for definite :hat:

A quick update.

I have received 3 entries in the bottle swap currently, withy self included that takes it to 4. I was hoping for a few more than this considering the number of people that brew wine. So wither you have brewed your first WOW or you 50th country/kit wine, get involved. It is all for a bit of fun and to hear what others think of your wine.

So get involved, it will be a bit of fun and I promise that all the feedback will be nice ;)

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Alan

Come on wine makers, lets get these entries up, otherwise someone will be receiving a bottle of my rose wow through the post :eek: ; and you don't want that now - do you?? :tongue:

Latest posts

Back