SUMMERSWAP 2013 (WINE)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entries are now closed for the wine summerswap!!
Id like to thank everyone who has joined in.
Double figures is a good start for the wine swap and gives us a starting point to build upon for the next swap, which following some feedback/consultation from all you swappers will be either autumn or christmas.
I will add a tasting notes thread which hopefully the mods will make a sticky as they have with this one; for all of your feedback - over the next few days in antisipation.
High fives go to alanywiseman for balancing his honeymoon with the administration and his hard work.
Cheers :cheers:
KC.

Thanks to all who have entered. We have 10 swapper in total. I will be getting in touch with you all in the next couple of days with a number to put on your bottle and a postal address for you. I think the plan is to have all bottles posted by the 14th so I will do this as quick as possible.

If you have decided to change the bottle you are going to post then please get in touch today and let me know, otherwise it is all go. :thumb:

The relentless world of bottleswap never ceases and the hard working admin staff at bottleswap towers are feaverishly plotting and planning in preperation to bring you.........either AutumnSwap or WinterSwap 2013!!!!
Some feedback on the SummerSwap would be greatly appreciated as and when is relavent from your goodselves and will enable us to better plan future events. We are working on a seasonal standard calendar to help you better plan and brew and so we can broaden the basis of the swap.
Thanks in anticipation.
KC :thumb:

All addresses have been sent. So it is now over to you :thumb:

If you registered and did not get an email this morning then let me know. There was a couple of people that I made a mistake with the bottle label number. If you are one of those people you will have recieved a second email with the correct number so please make sure to use the right one. Sorry for the mistake.

Is everybody using a 500ml plastic bottle for posting? don't wish to appear stingey... I wouldn't trust the Post Office to send glass bottles after the mess they made of my last delivery of empty wine bottles.

:hat:

That's what I'm thinking of using! I only sent my xmas one off in a glass bottle as work were kind enough to send me a bottle of champagne for xmas so I just reused that packaging. In case you're wondering the champagne was horrible, mainly because I don't like the stuff, a nice sparkling wine or cava would have been nicer :thumb:

I've sent glass this time as thats all i had ready, next time i will ensure i have tucked a plastic away.

Posted today, I went with 500ml plastic too, I just don't trust those heavy handed royal mail folks ;)

alanywiseman said:
Glad to hear you got the email. I will be sending glass as that is all I have.

have decided to save money by posting plastic and there is maore chance it will reach its destination :thumb:

I have sent and received mine today :cheers:
I feel a bit disappointed to have received a wine 'drink' at 5% but will reserve judgement until I've tasted it.

Bottle received at the weekend, initial tasting very positive. Looking forward to sitting down and getting quietly sh*tfaced on this one!

Mine will be posted today.

:hat:

Posted mine out today. Can't wait for the feedback! Although I feel sorry for the person who receives it! :thumb:

Received 10W today. Came extremely well packed and can't wait to try it tonight while cooking a BBQ!

Back