SUMMERSWAP 2013 (WINE)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8W arrived safely and has been put in the fridge for later tasting. Looked nice and clear with a good colour. Can't wait to give it a try as is SWMBO who is chief white wine drinker in this house. :thumb:

Just so things go in the right place, the Feedback thread is HERE. Please leave all your comments on the wine you received here so the brewer can find them and reveal him/herself if they want to (and maybe there recipe if it is REALLY good) :thumb:

Sorry it's taken me so long to add my review, the wine got misplaced and it turned up in a box in the shed with the other homebrew! I'm a walking disaster, honestly!! :oops:

It was a white wine, and I must say it was delicious :D nice and sweet, almost peachy maybe? I chilled it a little and it was very drinkable, not alcohol hotness at all! I usually need lemonade with white wine but this was lovely on its own :thumb: Thank you muchly, I'd love to know what's in it if possible!

I have a link to a photo, for some reason I can't copy the links that make the image show up here, my mouse won't click on it :wha: I also realised I don't own any wine glasses, we only have whisky glasses and jars!
http://s263.photobucket.com/user/gaylyg ... sort=3&o=0

Gayle said:
It was a white wine, and I must say it was delicious :D nice and sweet, almost peachy maybe? I chilled it a little and it was very drinkable, not alcohol hotness at all! I usually need lemonade with white wine but this was lovely on its own :thumb: Thank you muchly, I'd love to know what's in it if possible!

That was mine! Thanks for the great review, much better then I was expecting :thumb:

It was a WOW style wine, made to the original recipe but I replaced the orange juice for pineapple juice, and the tannin for a big cup of strong black tea made with 2 tea bags. This was fermented with Youngs Super Wine Yeast and left for 2 weeks to ferment to dry, then racked and Kwik Clear was added and left for 2 months to bulk age. When I bottled it, a few months ago, I racked it and added 180g of sugar to make it medium sweet. If you add a little lemonade, it reminds me a little of Martini Asti.

Thanks again for the nice review :cheers:

Can this thread be un stickied please mods?
Any further comments can be posted on the feedback thread.
Cheers KC :thumb:
35c and clear skies and free San Miguel; it could be worse :wha: :cheers:

sorry for digging up an old thread - but after my first bottle swap going missing in the post, I now have a bottle of something in the fridge, settling.

I will attempt to taste this over the next week and provide feedback.

Crastney said:
sorry for digging up an old thread - but after my first bottle swap going missing in the post, I now have a bottle of something in the fridge, settling.

I will attempt to taste this over the next week and provide feedback.

:thumb:

It was rather pleasent. A brown plastic coopers (500ml?) PET bottle with screw cap.

no label, so I had no idea what I was getting, initial nose made me think it was ginger beer so poured the whole lot into a pint glass... then realised it was probably wine, so poured half into a wine glass, and half back into the bottle, and back in the fridge.

first glass, on Saturday night, was a bit cloudy as I was impatient, and had poured the whole thing, but it settled quickly whilst I drank it.
it was a very nice orangey colour, with hints of orange in the flavour, so I'm guessing that this was a WOW of some kind.
slight carbonation, slight sparkle, all good. well rounded flavours, but as I know this was made specifically because of the missing first one, it might have been a bit rushed, there was a definite hint of 'young' wine about it, which I'm sure will mellow out considerably over the coming months.

perfectly drinkable wine, and the second glass on Sunday night was a lot clearer.

congratulations on a nice glass of wine.

I'm looking forward to Secret Santa, and I think this post brings the summer wine swap to a close (unless the person who sent this would like to comment, if I was wildly out)

Hi, Thanks for the reply. And sorry for the delay due to the original being lost. I thought it might be safer this time to send in a plastic bottle as the first one never arrived.

It was a type of WOW i suppose. I made it with 2 litres of Welches white grape, peach and apple but also 50g of simmered rose petals which is what gave it the colour, it fermented a lovely pink but after stabilising and clearing turned a slight orange which was strange.
Correctly stated it is very young and I would liked to have given it more time to clear but was also eager to send it off due to the delay you had in waiting for one. Glad you enjoyed it though. As for the bottle I received from you, I enjoyed it so much I have my own Strawberry & Mango fruit tea wine fermenting at the minute just to get some more in.

Cheers for the feedback! :thumb:

Thanks Dizzle - I'm surprised there was no OJ in it, and the addition of the rose petals now you mention it did give it a subtle flavour hint that I couldn't put my finger on but which I really liked.

It wasn't a one-to-one swap, so my bottle went to NArmour in Belfast - the one you recieved would have been from somebody else.

Latest posts

Back