im out(or i will be tonight)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceo

Landlord.
Reaction score
moved my mini kegs out to the shed this morning as they have been in the warm for 10 days . took a look in my box of bottled beer to find i have only one bottle left :doh: got 3 mini kegs full 1 wainting to be filled. and a stack of bottle to be filled. 3 micro brews on the go but non that i can or want to drink. got a few bottles of wow in the shed but its not the same as a cold cider or a ale.

note to self. brew more drink less. :wha:

Haha, I've made the exact same mistake: spent the last few months getting all of my winter beers brewed so that they have plenty of time to mature and forgot to make my summer beers!

Brew winter ales in summer and Summer ales in winter :D :D

I have got a stout on the go and the next will be a porter then back to bitter and a pale (I drink them all year round).

I try and have at least 30 -40 bottles of each of my house ales in stock and probably another 200-300 of 'occasional' beers which I brew les frequently. All in all at the moment I have about 500 bottles and another 300 to fill :whistle: :whistle:

Omg 500 bottles. I don't think I would get away with that. I plan I brew as much as I can in the next 6 weeks with the limited set iv got as got a baby due in 8 weeks so it might be a while before I can brew again and got to find a full time job and looking to move house so sods law it will all happen at once

I should point out that this is shared between me a brewing buddy but all stored at my workshop.

I went through a period 2 christmases back when we nearly ran out of beer due to a batch going off so I vowed never to run short again. Having said that I don't have any stout ready at the moment apart from elderberry stout and I really fancy a stout at the moment :lol: :lol:

Currently I'm out and had to buy in the shop :oops:. Bottled everything I had before I went on holidays but it won't be ready for a few weeks at least :doh:

Need to start brewing more often, and need to sort out a rack for storing.

iv been buying a few bottles here and there when they are on offer as i want to get a stock of bottles but im not a fan of buying beer/cider as is tend to to taste bland

I'm in danger of running ouut myself :(

My chocolate stout went green, the house pale ale I brewed after that was donated to my good friend's departure party (and drunk) so I'm down to a less than a dozen bottles of ale :(

There are 30+ bottles of WOW type wine in the shed, but they aren't ale. so I'm brewing this weekend, and again next weekend.

With my 'new' cornies I hope to fill both of them and a dozen or so bottles for preservation, almost certainly going to be my house pale ale (cascade, pale malt + light crystal) or the 'house brown ale' as I like them all and have brewed them more than once without cocking them up :)

ok after not having a good nights sleep for over a week. with a bad back, knee and hip and my pain patches not working. to top it off the little is not well. i needed a beer tonight so had a mini keg of young yorkshire bitter in the kitchen conditioning for 2 weeks.
so vented 3/4ish of the co2 gave it an hour to settle. i was not expecting much but its not bad at all on my second pint :drink: . its better than some of the shop bought bottled beer iv had over the last for months. so looking forward to trying some of the other batches in did a month ago that i hopped. :party:

spending the weekend camping with my old man so got a hopped youngs Yorkshire bitter and and a elderflower tc both in my mini kegs. we had to pick the weekend of Glastonbury to go camping :doh: if it rains we will just empty the kegs :drunk:

I feel your pain. After 4 hospital trips on days off there's nothing in the FVs. Down to the dregs of porter in a KK, and about 10 bottles of banana beer.

Currently on coopers European

Only got one bottle the rest at mums lol

I'm not a heavy drinker any more but I do like a beer when I'm stressed. Just to spend that few minutes to stop and enjoy a nice pint and let the world pass by if you know what I mean

Sadly I'm about to join you in the no home brew category :(

I had a batch of chocolate stout go off on me, then a mate anounced he was off to China, his leavinng do drank the batch of pale ale I'd just brewed :(

I have 18 bottles left, some pale ale, some TC, and that's it.

My emergency stock of wine turned out not to have stopped fermenting and has spat the corks out all over the shed is smelling a little 'vinegary' now :(

The 18 bottles of ginger wine I made are a good 4 months from being drinkable.

I really have to stop fecking about with decorating, cornies, work etc and get some ale brewed or I'll be paying Lidl for me beer, on the plus side it will be re-useable bottles for the shed if I do :)

I find I drink much MUCH less of my own brew than I do when I've bought alchohol, even good stuff like Fullers goes down faster than my pale ale, no idea why, but I guess it's because I know how much care and attention went into each pint, so appreciate it more, also my ale is brewed specifically for my taste, so it tends to get lingered over :)

I now have 160 bottles and have worked out if I leave a maximum of one week between brews and based on 6 weeks minimum prior to drinking I should never run out:smile:

Try being on your first batch and only having a 'not ready yet' stout to drink. However im making the best of it by drinking grolsh for the bottles :D

I've got a bit of an excess at the moment.

30 bottles of 9.3% IIPA AG
40 bottles of 6% Golden ale AG
48 bottles of Coopers APA/Cervesa 2-can mix
18 bottles of Coopers Stout
12 bottles of Cascade smash AG
25 bottles of Ruby Pearl AG
18 bottles of Coopers cervesa
45 bottles + full budget barrel of TC/Wilko FF Cider blend.
20L of Effin Erdinger clone about to be bottled

24 bottles of Youngs CabSav
30 bottles of Muntons Shiraz
6 bottles of Younds Chardonnay
34 bottles of WOW
4 bottles of mead.

I really need to start drinking more than one a week...

Back