the tom challenge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quick pic of fermentation - i imagine the tom juice is made from puree - hence the lumpy looking gunk on top.
IMGP2120.jpg
IMGP2119.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i wont be brought in on this even though i started it! :nono: :nono: having seen the initiaL FERMENT OF THIS I AM NOW QUITE AFRAID OF REPURCUSSIONS! :? :shock: :eek: on saying that should yours turn out ok i would be happy to sample and swap my unfortunate rendition! :party:

Mine is in the bucket, have to un-snap the lid every now and again. But it's fementing alright. Think im going to transfer to the DJ tomorrow.
Moley your the wine expert, how long do you think a tom wine will to to mature?

corby_brewer said:
As a blind guess, 5 years?

:rofl:

or longer.

Good luck to all. y'never know, you could have changed the path of civilization here!

hows everyones doing mine looks quite scary its got a big head and (sharp teeth) :shock: :rofl:

i just smelt mine and it didnt smell eeeermm.... that bad actually but time will tell its going like a rocket! i have a head on mine like the brain hannibal ate in the film!
:sick: :rofl: :lol: :lol:

Fair play there's good banter on this thread.

Can't believe I was actually thinking about this earlier and musing over the idea of using a champagne yeast and maybe a bit of crushed garlic....... :wha:

Well i moved mine to the DJ and now it looks like this -
003-10.jpg
001-13.jpg

Was quite surprised as the top blew of the airlock. :shock:
But after about 1/2 hour in its down to about 1 bubble per second, and smell like a very alcolalic tomato juice.

mine looks a little .... umm ...... well half a DJ of lumps!! :lol:

if it tastes as bad as it looks .............. :sick:

you never know though :thumb:

T_S welcome to the...
tomato side!!!! :twisted: :lol:

Inspired by the madness here, I thought I'd try FRENCH ONION BEER

I'll post pics when I've got them sorted and the brew is in the fv!

Latest posts

Back