Brewnight: Strawberry and Lime Turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a gander at these this morning, currently been in warm cupboard for almost a week...

1. Are the plastic bottles nice and firm to the squeeze (so nice and fizzy..).... check 😀

2. Are they nice and clear... oh yes, as a bell... check 😃

I'm attempting to be good this week so will have a grand opening at the weekend, watch this space for a wee video of the first pour 😆

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Was very good mate, will try and remember to post up a pick tonight !

Definitely giving this one another bash because mines tasted like ****e and yours never [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] twice [emoji85][emoji85]

You don't understand the levels of jealousy I have right now !

Looks amazing mate [emoji108]🏼

You don't understand the levels of jealousy I have right now !

Looks amazing mate [emoji108]🏼
Sorry fella !

Better luck with your next batch, none of your tinned muck and easy on the limes 😉

The plan exactly Roddy ! [emoji108]🏼 need to do more summer fruits too as I've ran out [emoji849] need to start doing 25ltr batches like you [emoji6]

The plan exactly Roddy ! [emoji108]🏼 need to do more summer fruits too as I've ran out [emoji849] need to start doing 25ltr batches like you [emoji6]

you should matey, you can leave it for a fair old time in the primary anyway if you have to...

I'm actually going to downsize to a few experimental 5L batches (fancy trying banana wine)... alongside a couple of 25L brews of course :D

Just re read your recipe Roddy (I've got one brewing) realised I've completely miss read and put 3 bottles of lowicz in !!
Do you think it will make much difference ?
Also - going to prime when I bottle with syrup as you have.
Would you still use 400ml ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll make it a fair bit stronger mate 😵😵😵, what was the SG reading at the start ?

Edit: probably add about 0.8% to the abv from my recipe 😎

You'll have to add sugar to prime anyway so I'd still use syrup for extra Strawberry taste 😀

Forgot to take an SG ... noob error !
It's raspberry flavour not strawberry - but just add 400ml not full bottle ?

Yeh, it's plenty fizzy enough with 400 mate, and I like it really fizzy....

Tip once it's done though, it needs to be really cold before pouring, otherwise it'll fizz up a bit and be a pain in the ass to pour 😀

Yeh, it's plenty fizzy enough with 400 mate, and I like it really fizzy....

Tip once it's done though, it needs to be really cold before pouring, otherwise it'll fizz up a bit and be a pain in the ass to pour 😀

Bottling night tomorrow for my raspberry version of this.
Just need to make room in the bottle store....
Just had a wee taste and although lacks fizz right now... promising ! [emoji898]

Latest posts

Back