Glad I home brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puritan nonsense. Won't work, will punish the responsible poor and won't affect the addicts, other than to make them run out of cash more quickly and turn to crime. Lives saved will be about zero. Kids will just do drugs instead or a black market will supply their demand

Still, it will make a load of authoritarian turd bag politicians feel like they are correctly lording it over us prole scumbags, so that's all right then.

But I don't have a strong opinion either way. 😀

I'm sure the government spent loads of money paying people to talk about, once again demonstrating money wasted on jobs that shouldn't exist.

Another daft idea is not to pass the increase on to the government but to let the retailers keep it....like smoking...at least there's the argument although the abuse or consequences of using such things can cause illness or disease needing treatment the people concerned have paid loads into the system through taxation. It may sound horrendous but it's a fact.
I also agree....the booze black market will be rife...but with what?

Probably more high-gravity brews, possibly more moonshiners. More grey imports.
They're not solving the problem, they're changing it.
"Yay we did something!"
Yup, but not solve it.

Another daft idea is not to pass the increase on to the government but to let the retailers keep it....like smoking...at least there's the argument although the abuse or consequences of using such things can cause illness or disease needing treatment the people concerned have paid loads into the system through taxation. It may sound horrendous but it's a fact.
I also agree....the booze black market will be rife...but with what?

Time to build a still me thinks:lol:

Hide it down bottom of the garden and distribute ala dukes of hazard..... just need to find the orange car:whistle:

My relentless emails from Brewdog (which will stop as soon as they send me my free book) have came up with this, 110ml bottles!!!! Rip off time
I know it’s 32 percent but it’s not my bag

Like you I'm awaiting my book from Brewdog, but based purely on the name - Tactical Nuclear Penguin I'd love to try try it :thumb: The name cracks me up :lol:

T.. just need to find the orange car:whistle:

Here you go -

ce71d4e70cf5df4ad95836628cf40510--mini-vans-classic-mini.jpg

I have a couple of friends who live in Glasgow.

They contacted me on the day that the Scottish Government won their appeal with a request that I explain how to brew lager.

The husband has all the patience of a striking cobra so I'm not very hopeful ...

... but, as his wife has the patience to put up with him, they may make a success of the venture. :thumb:

BTW, the "minimum unit price case" in Scotland was won during the same week that I arrived home with 20 litres of French Merlot sold at €2.10 a litre. :thumb:

Is that irony? :whistle:

I ain't shaving what's left of my hair off for anyone:lol:

Back