please stop ****ing up the forum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
please stop posting contentious threads about gender assignment unemployment and bollox just to wind people up and promote activity.. its transparently obvious its being done to increase advertising revenue and it sucks

Think you will find most forums, be they related to brewing,fishing,motoring etc etc etc all have a 'free' section and all will have lively discussions about pretty well any subject. This forum is pretty tame compared to some:lol:
Don't mean to be rude but you don't have to partake:nono::)

Whilst I tend to avoid them myself (and annoyed with myself if I ever do give into tempation to bite) chub1 is right most fora has a free for all section.. You can just ignore them.

I find it odd that certain people who get heavily involved in the mud slinging or baiting I never see any brewing related threads.
I belong to a pretty well used fishing forum and as you have said, so it's the same on there,excuse the pun but-
There is no need to take the bait:nono:

Yeah, I can see your points and as you say its easy to ignore threads that you don't like.
It is a little annoying though when the 'Newest Threads' bit on the right hand side of the home page is sometimes 50% non beer related stuff though which seems to be happening more and more.

It is what it is.
What else would you discuss in "The Snug" of your local other than "gender assignment unemployment and bollox"?
Although after a few beers, it's usually just bollox.
So long as it stays civil and personal attacks are avoided, I don't see the problem.
Trying to shut down conversations is seemingly now the go-to position of people who don't agree with a line of discussion but don't have an intellectually sound counter position.
Lets not go down that route.

I quite like the diverse responses to some of the none brewing threads. Although I have my own opinions which I put across, at the end of the day it is "only" an internet forum and surely people don't take it too seriously?

Also nice to know that despite differences, everyone is here because they love to homebrew! Cheers everyone! :drunk::cheers:

please stop ****ing up the forum

please stop posting contentious threads about gender assignment unemployment and bollox just to wind people up and promote activity.. its transparently obvious its being done to increase advertising revenue and it sucks

I assume that was aimed at me and for your information i make nothing from the forum however running a forum costs quite a bit of money do you begrudge the owner making money to keep the place running?

Most of the discussion here starts off well then as Rich says it seems to be the same people who start mud slinging the thread then goes off topic and is usually closed, this didn't used to happen regularly
so maybe its time to delete all off topic posts or silence those that do it.

It has been said before no one forces you to visit the Snug if you think the Snug is ****ing up the forum i suggest you stop visiting it.

It is what it is.
What else would you discuss in "The Snug" of your local other than "gender assignment unemployment and bollox"?
So long as it stays civil and personal attacks are avoided, I don't see the problem.
Trying to shut down conversations is seemingly now the go-to position of people who don't agree with a line of discussion but don't have an intellectually sound counter position.

:clap:

It is what it is.
Must remember to spell bollox correctly as last time I spelt it,it got deleted for some reason.Must have been my spelling mistake.....hehehe

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Stobbit!! The Snug is the best bit, and I can hand-on-heart say that I never notice the ads... unless they feature scantily-clad females. I just love owt like that.

Stobbit!! The Snug is the best bit, and I can hand-on-heart say that I never notice the ads... unless they feature scantily-clad females. I just love owt like that.

If members do not want to see adverts they have the option not to.

At work I only talk about mathematics and pedagogy. At home I only talk about domestic topics. Online I only talk about...
No. I talk about whayever I want whenever I want. Beer at work. Students at home. Sex changes on a brewing forum. Sometimes I'm involved as a human being, and that human being is everywhere talking about everything. Main topics of course are main topics, but side topics are free, and are what make things interesting.
Fil should stop getting wound up when other people talk about genders and labour. Makes live easier and pleasanter (just kidding: more pleasant! ).
Relax. Don't worry. Have a homebrew :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back