METEOR SHOWER

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corby_brewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Skywatchers in the UK are getting ready for one of the most exciting displays of shooting stars they are likely to see all year.
The annual Perseid meteor shower reaches its peak this evening and could fill the night sky with hundreds of streaks of light.
The phenomenon occurs when the Earth passes through a stream debris from the comet Swift-Tuttle.
Forecasters say rain and cloud could obscure the spectacle for people in southern areas. The best views will be in the Midlands, the north of England and the northwest of Scotland.

Thanks Dave, I will look out for it.

However, usually when anyone posts notice about a meteor shower, an eclipse or the Space Station passing overhead, you can almost guarantee there will be 100% cloud cover.

I think official peak was 2 this afternoon, but the shower is actually about a month long so a matter of a few hours won't make much difference. With sunset at 8:40 and moon rise at 10:15 your best chance will be somewhere between them. When it's dark look NNE.

Like I said above, 100% cloud cover here at the moment, damp and drizzly.

Latest posts

Back