Tea (Hop) Strainers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamster

Reaction score
Howdy All

I bought some tea strainers from eBay a while back and used them for the first time this week. They are something like this...

eBay Strainer

My actual one...

free image upload no sign up

I used them for dry hopping. I used 100g off hops in a single strainer (300g of hops overall throughout 3 of them :twisted:) and it came out slightly compact !

host gif online

I'm wondering if this has majorly effected my dry hop ? Would the beer have soaked up enough of the oils...

Not sure if anyone else has had any experiences with these ?

They certainly keep the mess down and I had planned on using them during boil, which I probably will still do. However my dry hopping from now on goes straight in...

They always clump together when in a restricted space like a teaball no matter how large a one you use.in the primary its best to let them fly free after the initial burst of fermentation has nearly died away around day 5

I have the same ones. I use them in the boil with a maximum of 30g leaf hop in each of them. I wouldn't use them to dry hop, I just chuck my pellets straight in.

Latest posts

Back