swing top locks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Covrich

Geek
Staff member
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but here goes

I ordered 24 swing tops off get er brewed, bottles came they didn't send the actual swing tops..

Now I was on holiday just after but its been nearly two weeks since I am back and I feel like i am going no where to get them other than we don't have any and I need to bottle soon.

SO question is can I get any flip tops to fit bottles? If I actually had another one I would take it off to try it.. I am guessing / hoping they are universal..? and I know I can google but does anyone know a place where they sell the caps cheap? they seem flipping (no pun intended) expensive seperatly.

I have a range up the road so if I cannot get them cheap I will just send these bottles back and get them from the range..

Reckon so. I have some wilko swing tops and 1L growler swing tops. The wilko ones are plastic and the growler ceramic but their interchangeable and fit either

Edit. I also have one glosch bottle and have just tried it with the wilko swing top and that fits too. So it seems their all pretty much interchangeable

Reckon so. I have some wilko swing tops and 1L growler swing tops. The wilko ones are plastic and the growler ceramic but their interchangeable and fit either

Edit. I also have one glosch bottle and have just tried it with the wilko swing top and that fits too. So it seems their all pretty much interchangeable

Thanks

by the looks of things the locking mechanism is just as much by itself as buying the bottles with them.

Probably best to pop to the range if I can this weekend and send these bottles back which will cost me a lot I bet.

Thanks

by the looks of things the locking mechanism is just as much by itself as buying the bottles with them.

Probably best to pop to the range if I can this weekend and send these bottles back which will cost me a lot I bet.

Seems the going rate for 12 ceramic swing tops is £8 or £9

Plastic ones are fine. As good as the cereamic. They come on the wilko clear swing tops. They are in fact hard to distinguish between the ceramic ones. I try to keep my ceramic ones for my growlers but I keep getting them mixed up. You have to look very closely to tell them apart

Have you contacted GEB about this? If their meant to come like this, it's a bit useless. It needs to be make very clear on the page that it's bottles and no tops

Have you contacted GEB about this? If their meant to come like this, it's a bit useless. It needs to be make very clear on the page that it's bottles and no tops

This is what I ordered

http://www.geterbrewed.com/kilner-drink-works-bottle-500ml-plus-12-porcelain-swing-tops/

I contacted them when I got the saying I had none, they said they will send them out when I got back from holiday, when I got back I contacted again they said they had none (surley the ones to go with the bottles i had must be somewhere).. anyway they were due and would be with me in a few days.

a week later nothing and he said he was going to speak to someone.. days later still heard nothing..

I don't want to kick up a fuss they are s sponsor here and I know a lot of people like them but I feel I am being given the run around and I just want to bottle. best to vote with my feet.

This is what I ordered

http://www.geterbrewed.com/kilner-drink-works-bottle-500ml-plus-12-porcelain-swing-tops/

I contacted them when I got the saying I had none, they said they will send them out when I got back from holiday, when I got back I contacted again they said they had none (surley the ones to go with the bottles i had must be somewhere).. anyway they were due and would be with me in a few days.

a week later nothing and he said he was going to speak to someone.. days later still heard nothing..

I don't want to kick up a fuss they are s sponsor here and I know a lot of people like them but I feel I am being given the run around and I just want to bottle. best to vote with my feet.

Doesnt matter their a sponsor. You've paid for your goods. You should get what they say their going to send you.

Normally their very good at rectifying mistakes. I've had them make mistakes with my grain orders 3-4 times but they've always made good

Are those Kilner bottles not designed to take crown caps as well as swingers, i was always under the impression that you could cap them due to the different designed lip on the top of the bottle compared to other swingtops like Grolsch or the unbranded 500ml bottles that other homebrew shops sell. It would at least get you out of a hole until such times as the swing tops arrive.

I have Grolsch, Kilner and the unbranded swing top bottles (like the range sell) and the same swing top fits all 3.

PM, appreciate the response, I wasn't expecting them to read this just was looking for an alternative solution..

HOwever GEB have historically resolved issues well like myqul says, so I do appreciate the response..

I may in the meantime test a cap

The Kilner ones are able to have caps on as well, it is why they are usually sold "naked". Great bottles but expensive when you also end up having to buy the swing top bits.

This is what I ordered

Kick up a fuss as at the end of the day they have not fulfilled your purchase so your entitled to your order or a refund.
Yes they are all interchangeable and THBC have them in order as well though the Range are pricy..
I have about sixtyof them and occasionally buy LIDLs Arcana range....

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Kick up a fuss as at the end of the day they have not fulfilled your purchase so your entitled to your order or a refund.
Yes they are all interchangeable and THBC have them in order as well though the Range are pricy..
I have about sixtyof them and occasionally buy LIDLs Arcana range....

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

IN their defence, I have tried to not kick up a fuss about it and they have came on here and are on the case.

My intention wasn't to moan about GEB, I will admit I was frustrated by the situation but it was more about a solution to a problem. Which by the sounds of it this forum has provided , I can use the bottles with or without a swing mechanism.. so if GEB do get their stock in time I can use them otherwise I will cap them..

It would help if I remembered where I put my bleeding caps but thats my fault :lol:

Latest posts

Back