Tonight were mostly having ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damfoose

Reaction score
No hot water infact no water ( good job I filled 2 FV's with water ) and nothing to cook on as the gas is off.

Why is this you may ask well im having a new energy efficent boiler put in rather than the big old behind the dining room fire jobba that was in and wasted loads of gas, New on is going in a cupboard in the back bed room where the old tank was.
At the same time new double glazing as only the front of the house had been done so it look rubbish and was all in dire need of being changed for something more energy efficent.

Rest of the family is in Turkey lapping up the sun and relaxing while I'm living in a bomb site. Gas stuff should be finished tomorrow, The windows should be done on friday, leaving me 4 days to decorate the back room the back bed room the hallway stairs and landing oh not forgetting touching up where the windows have been put in. I have then to put everything back to where it belongs not forgetting hanging the TV on a wall mount putting shelves up for the sky box and PS3 moving the back room around so it is nice and every bloody thing else that I have to get done before the sun seekers need picking up next friday morning at 06:00 from Manc airport. :x

Nice to take a break from work every now and again I think I will be looking forward to getting back so I can relax a little. :cry:

Rant over sorry folks just feel a little down at the moment. :evil:

On a plus side I do have 80 odd litres of water in 3 sealed FV's so tomorrow because I can im going to sit out in the garage for a while and do a brew then while the mash is on I will use the burner to cook me some backon and eggs very carefully as its a little warm :twisted:

Suppose it will all work out OK in the end though, Must say Wife ows me BIG TIME :whistle:

Time for a beer ahhh bugger cant even flush the damn loo :(

Update to the goings on for the builders.

Taking the back bedroom window out a layer of bricks decided to follow the window comming out, followed by 2 more cources of bricks about 10 min later smashing part of the roof that was below it :( I was a little shocked to say the least but the bloke who surveyed the window install made no mention of it , The blokes had made a number of phone calls before hand to the head office saying what was up but the office said just take it out to get the job done blokes on site not happy so they have demanded a brickie and a roofer to sort this out for them so they can carry on. Bonus is it wont cost me any more as the mistake was the surveyers.
Gas and water is back on but one of the radiators os not working so the bloke who is doing that is comming back today to sort that out I do have a huge hole in the dining room where the fire and back boiler was that I have made something to fill the hole with all in all things are going well ish and I will be able to start getting paint up in a day or two with luck, I really can see some very long nights comming in over the next week to get the house respectable for when the family come back from their holiday.

Wife can take me out for a meal and a booze up me thinks in repayment I may even crash her night out on Saturday :twisted:

Let the building carry on just goto wait for them to pitch up , Funny really as they never get here until about 11am and the window blokes leave at about 4pm ish on another note they have given 5 days for the job and they are down to 3 big windows 1 small window and a door to put in then the make it look nice from the outside bit which I think they are doing on friday.

Feel better today as I did a brew yesterday :) forgot the irish moss though :oops:

Latest posts

Back