Wychwood Hobgoblin £1.25 in Tescos.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSalad

Reaction score
£1.25 a bottle in my Tescos, best price I've seen for a while. I'm drinking this whilst I'm waiting for my beer and wine to condition. I like it alot and I like the bottles too for me own brew!!

My lad turned up with one of these on Christmas eve and he doesn't drink beer he just wanted the glass. :lol:

hob.jpg

I picked a few up from Tesco at this price just before Christmas. It's a good deal and I'd have bought some more but they also had a "4 for £6" offer on a lot of their other beers.

Could not 2 crown caps on 2 of these bottles today, went on the other 30+ makes and brews

Were you using a 2-lever capper? I've heard some of them have problems with the Wychwood bottles.

Yup exactly the youngs 2 lever capper, can you recommend a decent bench mounted capper?

I'm afraid I can't, however I do remember reading a thread where someone had found a place selling them for just over £20. I'm pretty sure it was on this forum somewhere.

Could not 2 crown caps on 2 of these bottles today, went on the other 30+ makes and brews

Persevere . . . . . I had trouble with Wychwood bottles with my Coopers 2 handled capper but a bit of patience I manged it in the end. It is easier with other bottles but I have cracked it with the Hobgoblin bottles.

Just a heads-up, Asda's current beer deal is 4 bottles for a fiver across a pretty wide range. It's been going a while now and won't last forever.
Lidl always have Hobgoblin and Bishop's Finger (and others) at £1.25 per bottle.

These are really hard to cap ufortunately and the labels don't come off easily either of I remember correctly. :-(

Every time I go to Lidl they have these on sale for £1.25 but at tesco you'd get your clubcard points on top.

Slightly off-topic, but sort of related. Has anyone tried the Wychwood Golden Goblin? It was on offer in Tesco before Christmas and was one of the nicest bottles of beer I've tasted in a long time. Brewed with a mix of three hops and very tasty. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it on sale since, so if anyone has spotted it elsewhere please let me know!

Slightly off-topic, but sort of related. Has anyone tried the Wychwood Golden Goblin? It was on offer in Tesco before Christmas and was one of the nicest bottles of beer I've tasted in a long time. Brewed with a mix of three hops and very tasty. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it on sale since, so if anyone has spotted it elsewhere please let me know!

I was in my local Asda earlier and they had some Golden Hobgoblin. I was tempted to pick some up but I'm supposed to be having a fallow week. *grumble*

Thanks for the heads up Brewski. I shall have a look in my local Asda for a few bottles. Won't be able to enjoy one until the weekend though - Pesky January health drive (being enforced by Mrs Hopmonster) :-(

I was a Boddingtons baby. I still yearn for a 70s pint of Bods!

Latest posts

Back