Aldi 12 litre stock pot

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was in Aldi today, they have some 12 litre stock pots for £19.99. Not the cheapest but they have solid bottoms.

If I hadn't just bought a 15 litre I would have been tempted.

Bit more expensive, but I bought a 12L SS stockpot from TKMaxx the other day.

I'm moving house to one which has an induction hob so needed something suitable. This one works with induction, it looks really good quality, and has volume markings on the inside which will be helpful. It was £30, reduced from about £60 (don't think anything's RRP there, but I couldn't even find it online for less than £40, so reckon it's a decent deal)

The Wilkos ones were 12 quid recently (bought one for a friend), and I'm sure I only paid 10 for mine - they're induction compatible too.

The thing I've found with the thin ones is the bottom is concave unless the pot is full. My 15 litre one took longer to heat 7 litres than when it had 12 in it as the bottom didn't make contact with the ceramic hob.

I'd go for a solid bottom (induction compatible) next time.

Weird that they advertise it as non compatible. Do magnets stick easily to the bottom?

Weird that they advertise it as non compatible. Do magnets stick easily to the bottom?

They also list the colour as pink, so don't believe everything they put on there :D

potspec.jpg

I haven't stuck any magnets to it, but I have used it on my induction hob and it works fine - I doubt it's as efficient as my SS Brewtech pot with induction, but it's such a small size that it doesn't really matter, with the 3000W hob underneath it heats up a lot faster than my gas hob:

Hob-Setup.jpg

Like I said, it's possible they have differing suppliers so can't guarantee induction compatibility, but it certainly works for me.

Gah... wish id seen this post before buying my £30 one. Never mind... hopefully it'll last a good few years.

I was in Wilko today on a whim. They had 12ltr stock pots that were actually recessed in the middle just where the element or coil would be on the hob lifting that part of the bottom up by about 3 mm. Would not have worked at all on our ceramic, no way of it making contact. I can only think it has been designed that way so that it makes good contact with a raised element.

I was in Wilko today on a whim. They had 12ltr stock pots that were actually recessed in the middle just where the element or coil would be on the hob lifting that part of the bottom up by about 3 mm. Would not have worked at all on our ceramic, no way of it making contact. I can only think it has been designed that way so that it makes good contact with a raised element.

Mine is the same, not sure why its like that, but the outer would touch the hob though?

Back