Drat and bugger

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Steve. If you're done for speeding then you haven't been victimised or "caught out", you've been driving over the speed limit, there are no excuses. Speed cameras aren't there to catch you out, they are positioned in accident black spots to make people slow down.
Never said I was victimised I even said the very same to the cop that cameras where there to slow you down rather than catch you.not even worried about the points or the fine.more concerned about how much my insurance gets whacked up.I've read reports of £200 a year or more. A few years back I had protected no claims and my car somehow rolled backwards down hill on a NT car park in Devon while I was on the beach,how that happened is still a mystery as I was parked uphill and ALWAYS leave it in gear and the handbrake was still on,the car glanced two parked cars and the insurance got involved. I was deemed at fault,OK but when I renewed they wacked my premium up,so how good was that?and I fear the same as they always wack the driver and let's not forget the policeman's Xmas ball is looming

Motorcyclist gets stopped on a stretch of road notorious for speeding. He was clocked doing nearly 130mph. Traffic Officer says to him 'I've been waiting for someone like you to come along'. Biker replies 'well I got here as soon as I could....'

Now that did make me laugh you nutter:lol:

Never said I was victimised I even said the very same to the cop that cameras where there to slow you down rather than catch you.not even worried about the points or the fine.more concerned about how much my insurance gets whacked up.I've read reports of £200 a year or more. A few years back I had protected no claims and my car somehow rolled backwards down hill on a NT car park in Devon while I was on the beach,how that happened is still a mystery as I was parked uphill and ALWAYS leave it in gear and the handbrake was still on,the car glanced two parked cars and the insurance got involved. I was deemed at fault,OK but when I renewed they wacked my premium up,so how good was that?and I fear the same as they always wack the driver and let's not forget the policeman's Xmas ball is looming

Most companies don't look at 3 points. 6 points or more and premiums go up.if any of the fine went to those on the front line then it's money well spent.

Had the automatic 100 sobs fine and the 3 penalty points drop thru the door on Wednesday with the alternative being a court appearance, that's not gonna happen,I'm gonna take the fine and points,been down the same road a few times since and you would have thought I was an 80 year old driving well below the 40 limit holding the every body else up,they don't catch the dog twice

I fear the same as they always wack the driver and let's not forget the policeman's Xmas ball is looming'

Yes, because obviously our completely corrupt police forces have been deliberately targeting you and other law breakers so that they can get a free pint or two at Christmas. Completely rational statement, well considered and I'm sure corroborated with masses of evidence.......

'they don't catch the dog twice'

I think I'll wait and see on that one.....

I fear the same as they always wack the driver and let's not forget the policeman's Xmas ball is looming'

Yes, because obviously our completely corrupt police forces have been deliberately targeting you and other law breakers so that they can get a free pint or two at Christmas. Completely rational statement, well considered and I'm sure corroborated with masses of evidence.......

'they don't catch the dog twice'

I think I'll wait and see on that one.....
You said that, not me,your thoughts not mine

Latest posts

Back