What are you doing Christmas day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mrs Tea is not working this Christmas day (for a change) so we are having the full monty and plenty of the fizzy stuff, it will be a merry Christmas. :cheers:

I've been putting away ten bottles of my last few brews for Christmas so hoping to make acquaintance with some old friends I've not seen for a while. Apart from that it'll be the usual madness, in all honesty it's my first Xmas as a HB'er, I only started in January last year, still a probie. How the missus has rued the day the "Christmas Present" arrived.

Entertaining the outlaws, apparently. Can't wait :-? I'll be getting merry for sure :drunk::cheers::drunk::drink:

We're looking after 'the big house' while the lady I work for goes off on an exotic safari abroad, this means our daughter and family can stay in our little cottage while we're up here. They'll spend Christmas day up here with us so it should be a really nice day, plenty of food and drink & nobody has to drive home.........result !:drunk:

Staying at home and having a few HB's in-laws will be with us for the day - quick more HB's :lol: I can always give my father in law one of my specials and that will send him off to sleep in the afternoon so no changing of tv channels every 30 seconds. :whistle:

wife will need to abstain from about 3-8pm so only a small glass of sparkly with the xmas dinner as she'll be driving them back but i'm sure she'll make up for it on her return.

At home, got the parents round for the first time. Should be nice. Ply my dad with plenty of hb. Luckily he's well into it, especially as mine is way better than the muck he used to make way back. Not that that's hard.

My kids are already so excited that it's doing it my head in. If they're not fighting they're literally banging their heads against the wall. Had to take them out for a run like a dog, to wear them out.

We're looking after 'the big house' while the lady I work for goes off on an exotic safari abroad, this means our daughter and family can stay in our little cottage while we're up here. They'll spend Christmas day up here with us so it should be a really nice day, plenty of food and drink & nobody has to drive home.........result !:drunk:

Sounds like a great plan Sue.

Staying at home and having a few HB's in-laws will be with us for the day - quick more HB's I can always give my father in law one of my specials and that will send him off to sleep in the afternoon so no changing of tv channels every 30 seconds.

wife will need to abstain from about 3-8pm so only a small glass of sparkly with the xmas dinner as she'll be driving them back but i'm sure she'll make up for it on her return.

We have the in-laws round in the morning to swap presents then dinner when they have gone, like Sue we dont have a big house so we cannot have them stay for dinner.

My kids are already so excited that it's doing it my head in.

I miss that, my lad now gives my wife a list, not the same is it.

Nothing much apart from a few HB's of course. No family until the 27th, it our will be our first proper family Xmas this year with the little one turning 1 only 2 days ago

I'm like a little kid cant wait for xmas morning to crack open me first rasp TC for the missus and then I'll be starting on purple grape, apple n mango wow and if they don't pan out then its my good ol apple wine and then got a nice 12 yr old single malt and brandy for later :thumb:

mmm not very christmassy at the moment to be honest.
just buried my farther in law last week and my old grandad is very ill so thats knocked the spirit of christmas in my house this year. humbug!

Sorry to hear that mate :-(

As for us my wife who is a nurse is only off tomorrow so we are going to her mum and dads who live about 100 meters away for dinner and then my brothers in the evening , our kids and their kids = chaos.. still its at their house :lol:.. we are doing boxing day get together though

I've got my three virtually grown up kids til about 3pm, will be eating and drinking and mad bantering til then, though my youngest is 17 and still has zero interest in alcohol, which is odd. He's the brainy one. My daughter and eldest son more than cover for him, too far the other way, maniacs. At 3pm they go to their mam's, and I go to a mate's nearby for late dinner. And probably visit other friends in the evening. I'm doing a big dinner for the kids on boxing day. And today actually! Gawd.

We haven't done the relatives thing for donkeys years and anyway both sets of our parents are long since deceased. So it's just a quiet Christmas at home for us as usual. My two daughters are both home from university. So it'll start with carols on the stereo while we open presents plus the odd glass of sloe gin. Probably go for a walk on the mountain afterwards, rain or shine. We've got beef for dinner, so I'll be cooking that in the afternoon along with various roast vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and gravy. Followed by ginger parkin with rum sauce. All accompanied by some 3 month old Irish Red Ale.

Going round the parents for dinner with our 2 year old, nan an grandad can have their fill of toddlers for Xmas an I'll have a few homebrew stouts in the evening. Should be good [emoji106]🏻

Drinking these with my dad.

Then earning some husband points so the AG adventure can start (assuming santa has brought me the shiny pot I asked for).

20151224_141526.jpg

Drinking ale a backyard bitter from a brewery in brownhills ,quite nice while me and swmbo wait for the daughter and her Mon turn up for the traditional crimbo dinner.might be pi$$ed by then.lol

Latest posts

Back