My Grainfather Mods.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfpint

Reaction score
I have made 2 mods to my GF, the first addition is the ALVA controller.

The second was to make a filter for the overflow tube, the metal is purely to add weight, views are before and after.

Apart from these I found no problems.

alva.JPG

P1000509.JPG

P1000511.JPG

Hope you dont mind me asking but how much was the controller?? I couldnt see a price on the site?
http://www.alva-control.eu

Ive got a reflashed stc1000 running the one vessel brew controller system, but have yet to add the ssr for pump control, but have been following other folk with the same system who are experiencing a lot of wort scorching on the element plate after making the shift.

The other option to consider is the Matho model either its original arduino uno based version or the updated and imho complicated by spanish and italian language updates version as applied by ArdBur or the Aussie Lael.. though as to availability I think both these are now out of stock with no future runs planned?

I dont quite get the need for the extra filter tho? I use a fairly fine biab crush but havent noticed any particulate matter in the liquor, its cloudy for the first 10 mins or so when the overflow can be employed but rapidly clears as it starts to drop in level and all sink through the grain.

Latest posts

Back