UK Oxygen Cylinder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martybhoy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested in buying an oxygen stone and saw one from Northern Brewer being sold in the UK. BUT, I believe the UK and the US have different cylinder threads.

So can anyone tell from these pictures if the oxygen regulator will fit UK cylinders?

[emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]
2f0af80f7aca14c9e014393197b170c8.jpg
879f37e54dea26e39520fa1f0ba61af2.jpg
d3afa1494ef36124aeda6f7689ce3971.jpg

I can confirm that US and GB cylinders have completely different threads.

Also GB cylinders often have a pin index system unless you specify 'Bull-nose" fitting
I think the Irish have a different system altogether tho can't confirm that scientifically/catergorically

Also don't put oil or grease ANYWHERE ON THE FITTINGS, unless you want an early death

Sounds a little daunting. There's not much info on the web about it, and homebrew sites seem to prefer selling air pump kits. Going to start with one of them. Then possibly upgrade to O2 in the future

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

There are plenty of oxygen stones available in the U.K. I got one from brewbuilder and oxygen from a local supplier. Works a treat. Not a lot more expensive than a pump really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your set up? Oxygen tank into regular brewing hose, via a regulator? If so, where did you get the regulator?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

No need for a regulator with pressure gauge as you need to adjust the flow so it's right visually. Basically so low that you barely see the bubbles at the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back