Summer Holidays!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schools finish up next Thursday which is a blessing as no school runs on my days off between shifts and shall be able to focus on getting my garage gutted of **** and relocate my fridges,keggerator and rejig my brew bench then shall be waiting with enthusiasm for August as we have booked a holiday home for a week in Rhyl.Just over an hour from Holyhead ferry terminal although shall be an 8 hour journey from home including ferry journey which is a lot less than the year we went to Bideford in Devon which took 8 hours from Holyhead alone.Hope you all have or had good ones....

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

We will go Greece this summer for the vacation, I like Greece so much last year we went Spain but I couldn't feel like in Greece there. Also we are planing to buy a apartment in Greece.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just finishing my summer 'hols'... 5 weeks on the sick lol. I'll save the 3 weeks I have remaining for late Oct / early Nov, the best time of year weatherwise. You can keep this damn heat and sun.

A couple of weeks rolling around on the sofa being a slob.

Hi!
That sounds like my life in a nutshell.
SWMBO and I are off to Vilafortuny, between Cambrils and Salou, in September. We've rented an apartment only a few steps from they beach. Couldn't afford it without exam marking earnings.

Last edited:
We've got a few years before she starts school, so will be getting in some good holidays before being ripped off for 11 years!
I took ours out about 1st week in july when they wound down for end of term prices never to steep then. also being in wales half term week in october is often different to the rest of uk so that worked out a bit cheaper, and for kids under 12 centreparce (europe) give 15% discount and by booking early you get 20% additional so fortunatly never got stung. For summer as we are on the edge of the gower just went down the beach a lot, but you need to be there for about 10-10:30!

Bumping for 2018!

So early this year we put a deposit down on this:

View attachment 14122

The dealers we got it from is on a farm with a rally field next door so they let you have an overnight stay in your 'van when collecting to try everything out. This was mid March and it snowed overnight! At least we knew the heating worked okay :D

First actual trip away was to join in on an Easter family gathering in Suffolk, on the coast near Dunwich. Good to get some miles under my belt with it. Also quickly discovered that rear wheel drive cars, caravans and muddy fields don't mix, good to know I guess!

We went to the Forest of Dean for 4 nights during the Whitsun half term week which was pretty good.

Summer plans are currently for a week in the New Forest / south coast staying on a site near Burley at the start of the school holidays. Then a week on the Gower in south Wales (praying for beach weather) leading up to the bank holiday weekend. Got a few days of annual leave left so might have a trip away during the autumn half term week before putting it away for the winter. Might have the odd weekend somewhere more local if time allows too.

What's everyone else up to? acheers.

try the rake and riddle, always popular, wooden log play area for kids good food and beer - gower brewery is not amazing but they do have a solid few brews and they sell it in 5 litre mini kegs - If passing (Gowerton) and I'm in (i'm away for a few weeks on work in july/october) pop in you're welcome to a few from the shed!

Summer Hols for us is mostly sat at Old Trafford watching Lancs, County Cricket Club, interspaced with days out etc. As we are 'oldies' we can only afford short holidays now, but off for a week in Belgium (Ostend & 'Ypers') end of Sepember - Beer Heaven!
:cheers7:
Cheers

Got a week booked end of July at a holiday park in devon. Been there about 15 times but usually earlier in the year around May. It's not cheap but it's nice,great new indoor pool for the kids..and me,plus bar and restaurant. They have a few Devon brewers on... usually! Good fishing ponds too. We like the area and do a bit of walking, beaches and any national trust type stuff.

try the rake and riddle, always popular, wooden log play area for kids good food and beer - gower brewery is not amazing but they do have a solid few brews and they sell it in 5 litre mini kegs - If passing (Gowerton) and I'm in (i'm away for a few weeks on work in july/october) pop in you're welcome to a few from the shed!

Thanks for that, exactly the sort of place we'd be looking for to go for a meal with the kids. Thanks also for the offer of a few shed beers, never know I might take you up on it :)

Back